Pulling Injectors on a 2250
01-11-2018, (Subject: Pulling Injectors on a 2250 ) 
Pulling Injectors on a 2250
I will be pulling the injectors on my 2250 for the first time. I have watched Rawze's video on an injector replacement on the 871, and saw how he purged the fuel from the injectors by applying air to the metering actuator while cranking the motor, so fuel would not flow into the cylinder causing a hydrolock condition. My question is how do I purge fuel from the injectors on a CM2250? Or since they are a different type of injector do they not require that? Quickserve says nothing on the subject.

Thanks

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
RE: Pulling Injectors on a 2250
pulling injectors on a 2250 is very different than on a 871. Follow quickserv for the correct procedure and expect to replace the fuel feed tube that goes into the block if you loosen it, and definately if you replace the injector. They are not re-usable,are finicky, and will not re-seat very well after you loosen one. You end up with it failing a leak down test if it does not seat well.

perform a leak test BEFORE you pull any injectors, and again AFTER (once the engine has been up to temp and test driven under full operating load once) and compare the leak down rates.

As far as draining them, not sure. Have not don e a 2250 injector.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , snailexpress
They will not leak as much fuel as a cm871 due to the common injector design. You can also minimize the amount of fuel that leaks in by removing the the return banjo from the head and remove no.1 first then you should see the fuel from the return draining out. Just be careful of the pressure in the common rail as the can hold allot of pressure even if the engine has been switch off for a couple of hours.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , JMBT
Thanks for the info guys. So quickserve says you can reuse the fuel connector tube if you are reusing the injector, but to change it if you change the injector, or if you see damage when you inspect it. Rawze, are you saying too replace it either way? Or just if it shows damage? If it likely that it won’t seat well after it has been removed, I would prefer to just change them and avoid the headache down the road. I plan to reuse all the injectors unless I find a reason not to, as the truck is running fine, I am only pulling injectors to change the valve guide seals.....why doesn’t anyone make a spring compressor that doesn’t require removing the injectors?? Even if it only compressed one at a time it would be well worth it.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
(01-11-2018 )JMBT Wrote:  Thanks for the info guys. So quickserve says you can reuse the fuel connector tube if you are reusing the injector, but to change it if you change the injector, or if you see damage when you inspect it. Rawze, are you saying too replace it either way? Or just if it shows damage? If it likely that it won’t seat well after it has been removed, I would prefer to just change them and avoid the headache down the road. I plan to reuse all the injectors unless I find a reason not to, as the truck is running fine, I am only pulling injectors to change the valve guide seals.....why doesn’t anyone make a spring compressor that doesn’t require removing the injectors?? Even if it only compressed one at a time it would be well worth it.

I would leak test both before and after. Make sure you keep what tube goes to what injector too. Maybe only puill/do them 3 at a time and do a quick leak test in between holes??

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
If your concerned with too much fuel draining in onto the piston then loosen the injector return line at the back of the head. That will drain 90 % of the fuel in the head to the outside. If you do that very little will drain into the cylinder.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , JMBT
01-12-2018, (Subject: Pulling Injectors on a 2250 ) 
I'd be in there like a dirty shirt to help you with this if was closer...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
Thanks for all the info guys! Hammer we would love to have ya man, and it is probably a little warmer down here than where you are... it’s a balmy 18 degrees tonight!!

replyreply
(01-12-2018 )JMBT Wrote:  Thanks for all the info guys! Hammer we would love to have ya man, and it is probably a little warmer down here than where you are... it’s a balmy 18 degrees tonight!!

It's 18°C/64°f in the shop, and the beer fridge is full...I ain't even gonna tell ya what outside is, I ain't there so I don't care!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: the missing link , snailexpress

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.