Pulling Injectors on a 2250
01-12-2018, (Subject: Pulling Injectors on a 2250 ) 
RE: Pulling Injectors on a 2250
Jmbt,
Yes you can reuse them like manual says, only if the damaged replace. I didnt replace them and no leaks.
To crank engine wont be that long like on cm871. I just turn on fuel prime pump atleast 3 times. Then crank it will be maybe 15secs of cranking and it will start.
After that perform fuel injector leak test with insite, like rawze made video for cm2250 leakdown.

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , JMBT
We have a 2011 2250 and have replaced 2 injectors on the road.
Follow the instructions on Quick Serve & you will not have problems.
Don't forget if you replace one to write down the new trim code
and enter with Insite.
Both times the engine light came on with an injector solenoid fault code.
We were told that the injector solenoid is not serviceable and you must replace
the whole solenoid which comes with the solenoid.

Maybe I missed it, but why are you doing this?

T700
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
Thanks t700, I am replacing all of my valve guide seals because some of them are leaking, causing the truck to blow a bit of blue smoke after I idle to warm up in the morning. All the injectors have to come out to use the Cummins valve spring compressor because it uses the injector hole as a pilot. Great design on Cummins part. I wish I could find a single spring compressor allowing you to pull each individually, and therefor not having to disturb the injectors, but I have not been able to find any such tool.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: t700
01-13-2018, (Subject: Pulling Injectors on a 2250 ) 
(01-12-2018 )JMBT Wrote:  Thanks t700, I am replacing all of my valve guide seals because some of them are leaking, causing the truck to blow a bit of blue smoke after I idle to warm up in the morning. All the injectors have to come out to use the Cummins valve spring compressor because it uses the injector hole as a pilot. Great design on Cummins part. I wish I could find a single spring compressor allowing you to pull each individually, and therefor not having to disturb the injectors, but I have not been able to find any such tool.

A second reason to pull the injector is to ensure the piston is at TDC for the hole your working on. If it is not at TDC, then the valve will drop into the cylinder and your problems become much much worse.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , t700
(01-13-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  A second reason to pull the injector is to ensure the piston is at TDC for the hole your working on. If it is not at TDC, then the valve will drop into the cylinder and your problems become much much worse.

Well Yes and No.
NO, if the piston is not at or near TDC then there is nothing to stop valve travel and the valve will not "hang up" and allow you to remove the collets and then release the spring to change the v/g seal...
...unless the seals have enough resistance to hold the valve just enough to remove the collets, then when the seal is removed and the valve drops into the cylinder...then, YES, you're fucked! No ther way to put it.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
If they made a single valve spring compressor to eliminate removing the injectors, which as far as I know they don’t.....I would say find top dead center on piston 1 before you remove the rocker shafts just like you would if doing an overhead. Then bar the motor over progressively using the marks on the dampner and you would have a very good idea of which cylinder would be next to TDC. You would have to work on the cylinders based on firing order, but I think that would be better then having to pull all the injectors. You might even be able to hold the top of the valve stem with a magnet., as a safety.

However, with the Cummins tool I ordered, I will be pulling all of the injectors.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.