Losing coolant but do not know where.
03-27-2016, (Subject: Losing coolant but do not know where. ) 
RE: Losing coolant but do not know where.
(03-27-2016 )Madmoly340 Wrote:  THANKS.
I HAVE No White smoke coming out of the stack. What gets me is that it only does it while I'm stopped after I start rolling it stops chilling and flashen at me.
But I will check the other things you posted and get backagain thanks

I had no signs of anything going wrong, other than exhaust gas building pressure in my coolant system and forcing coolant through my cap and lowering my coolant level via pressure in the system. Then the hoses started blowing out, then the radiator blew apart... When you start using two gallons a week, and it sounds like you already are, you are there, get her in the shop asap or risk blowing hoses and possibly your radiator if you have one of those plastic/metal units.

One thing I did, and it is annoying, as your situation sounds just like mine, is to pop the hood and relieve the pressure in your coolant system by slowly loosening the cap and letting the gas escape... Wear a heavy pair of gloves and turn slowly if you have a plastic cap. If you have the old fashioned Stant metal cap, you may want to let her cool off for a bit. I had to do this twice to three times a day...

In the morning, wake up, pee, open hood, crack coolant bottle to relieve pressure... Every stop repeat...

When it was toast, it just shot coolant straight into the air out of the coolant bottle, about a foot. You are all done at that point.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Losing coolant but do not know where. - Waterloo - 03-27-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.