Cold start idle??
01-12-2018, (Subject: Cold start idle?? ) 
Cold start idle??
When I cold start my cm2250 it always jumps up from 610 down to 580 untill it reaches 100 coolent temp then i high idle till it gets about 150 before I take off. After truck is warmed up to regular operating temp it doesn't jump from 610 to 580 just stays still smooth idle at 600. Is this normal at cold start idle?
replyreply
RE: Cold start idle??
is it tuned or stock
replyreply
Tuned. But it used to do it before demandate
replyreply
My 2250 kind of had a bit of that going on with my prior demandate, then I put in the Africa tune and ideals 100 percent even when cold, just a thought
replyreply
you can keep denying it like a fool, but unless you have your "buddies" programming checked out by myself or unilevers, you will always question what might be in your ECM.

Don't become another victim of a bad delete program like 90% of the rest of the guys who have that kind of stuff done.... you ABSOLUTELY NEED TO KNOW WITHOUT QUESTION OR DOUBT WHAT PROGRAMMING IS IN YOUR ECM ON THAT $36,000 ENGINE!!!!!

For all you know, it could be jumping in and out of several different warm-up operating modes because it is confused. Ask your "buddy" what operating mode(s) it should be in during cold idle, warmup, and then what engine operating mode(s) it should be running in after it is fully warmed up during various driving conditions. - There are 11 different engine operating modes inside that engine and each have a specific function. Modes like city, highway, cold climate, 2 different high altitude modes, thermal management modes, scr warmup modes, passive and parked regen modes, etc... A proper de-mandate requires a re-programming of the operating mode vectoring system in the engine to prevent it from jumping into operating modes that are no longer active. EVERY SINGLE BAD DELETE I have seen, no one bothers to do this and the ECM becomes unstable in its operating modes. Those idiots somehow think that magic fairy dust is sprinkled onto the computer and it will somehow magically figure out what to do after they have butchered all the emissions settings and it simply is not true. The ECM jumps into and out of those modes and is nothing but confused, making it to strange things.

Many of the bad deletes out there get stuck in scr warmup mode and jump in/out of it and make for an unstable engine operation because the hack-job delete is incomplete.

If he can't name them off the top of his head, he should not be doing deletes... and your engine is in trouble!!!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Running rough , Ragindirt , Brock
01-13-2018, (Subject: Cold start idle?? ) 
(01-12-2018 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  When I cold start my cm2250 it always jumps up from 610 down to 580 untill it reaches 100 coolent temp then i high idle till it gets about 150 before I take off. After truck is warmed up to regular operating temp it doesn't jump from 610 to 580 just stays still smooth idle at 600. Is this normal at cold start idle?
mine jumped around like that before mm. It still does it slightly. Uni told me my turbo wasn’t in good shape. Since then I’ve had more turbo issues, probably the actuator not right. I’m gona be putting a new turbo sooner or later so I just let it warm up at idle then bump it up.
replyreply
Take a look at your fuel pressure with Insite when it is doing that and see if it is jumping around too? If so, may be an underlying fuel problem??

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard
The only time it idled smooth if I remember was when I had fixed the crack on the fuel tank pick up tube. That's the only time it idled smooth at cold start, before had fuel had alot of air. That was 100k ago though. I just might moniter fuel pressure.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Magard
I’ll check it out. I’ve had codes for turbo problems. I can here the turbo spooling change. Now I’m getting erratic boost. Yesterday it went north of 40 psi on the jake (scared me. Luckily I was watching the gauge and seen it spike so I hit the throttle too turn Jake off. Didn’t let it run like that.) I turned it off didn’t want to hurt engine. I know the acctuator ain’t right. We think it might be mosture in it. I’m running zero pressure coolant system right now and bought some time with actuator. I’m off season now so it’s gona get fixed as soon as these receivables come in. I’ll check fuel system also. Thanks.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.