Dyno Translation
01-15-2018, (Subject: Dyno Translation ) 
Dyno Translation
Data Posted below in comments. Finally figured out how.
I had a dyno ran on my truck. 2009 Isx 871, 765,000. No power in 8th, 9th and 10th. They noted some things that need to be checked/looked at/maybe replaced. As I go through it though it looks like (to me anyway) that things are "in spec" but what do I know, I'm just a dumb truck driver right. Anyway is there someone willing to look at this that I can email it too and get a translation of it. What am I missing? I'm to the point that I'm thinking my EGR valve needs replaced, and this thing says its opening a little, but "little" is not defined. After the dyno I replaced the Delta P, Egr back pressure and IMAP sensors. Truck still runs like shi#t. 20,000 lbs on fairly flat ground and got 6 mpg. Coming back maybe 4000 lbs, 6.5 mpg. Egr cooler and turbo have been replaced. There was a bunch of crap in the EGR Valve and I THOUGHT I cleaned it pretty good, or as good as I could get. I'm tired of guessing what to replace as it high dollar shi#t and I'm frustrated at this point. If it is the EGR valve do I replace and have Mr. Hag work his magic on it? OR do I have him work his magic and somehow block off the valve (if it is stuck open) so that air can't still run through it? I've dug and dug through the post on here but haven't found much on any of this. I dunno if I'm chasing my tail or if its just time to inframe the damn thing. checking the back pressure sensing tube (this new to me to learn to check) and delta p ports/hoses tomorrow to see if any of those are restricted.
HHEELLPP!!!.........lol
replyreply
RE: Dyno Translation
If that truck has 700k miles and still has EGR,.. all that soot has taken its toll by now. It is more like a million plus with that soot-cached nasty black oil all the time.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Grizzly
Do not replace the EGR valve if you are going to take it to Mr Hagg’s. And yes, go see Mr. Hagg.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
(01-15-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  If that truck has 700k miles and still has EGR,.. all that soot has taken its toll by now. It is more like a million plus with that soot-cached nasty black oil all the time.

I replaced the EGR valve 2 yrs ago after I kept getting delta p alarms. Come to find out after that I was sold a bad delta p sensor. But what it did get gunked up with coolant. Is there a more aggressive solution I can use to clean it, carb/choke cleaner didnt quite cut it. Or am I misunderstanding what youre telling me Rawze?
replyreply
(01-15-2018 )Grizzly Wrote:  
(01-15-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  If that truck has 700k miles and still has EGR,.. all that soot has taken its toll by now. It is more like a million plus with that soot-cached nasty black oil all the time.

I replaced the EGR valve 2 yrs ago after I kept getting delta p alarms. Come to find out after that I was sold a bad delta p sensor. But what it did get gunked up with coolant. Is there a more aggressive solution I can use to clean it, carb/choke cleaner didnt quite cut it. Or am I misunderstanding what youre telling me Rawze?

Deal with the soot causing monster ...
If your truck has dead battery's , is the battery's the problem or the alternator that is not charging the problem . I don't know crap , but I do know if you have soot you have soot problems .
No soot = no soot problems
Some of the sensors can only be cleaned so good and need to be replaced .
Why did it have coolant on it ? Is that problem fixed ...
Chase the problem not the result of the problem . If that makes sense .

And YES! YES ! go see mr.hag that will be the smartest thing you ever do !

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
(01-15-2018 )the missing link Wrote:  
(01-15-2018 )Grizzly Wrote:  

Deal with the soot causing monster ...
If your truck has dead battery's , is the battery's the problem or the alternator that is not charging the problem . I don't know crap , but I do know if you have soot you have soot problems .
No soot = no soot problems
Some of the sensors can only be cleaned so good and need to be replaced .
Why did it have coolant on it ? Is that problem fixed ...
Chase the problem not the result of the problem . If that makes sense .

And YES! YES ! go see mr.hag that will be the smartest thing you ever do !

The EGR cooler was leaking, and yes I replaced that also. Like May last year. Ha and for that matter I replaced the batteries and the alternator too........lol
replyreply
you never posted a link.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

.pdf  Dyno Results.pdf (Size: 1.38 MB / Downloads: 299)
replyreply
(01-15-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  you never posted a link.

Ha, I didn't figure it out before but I just discovered how.
Like my wife says, shes may not be the brightest crayon in the box but she's the most colorful.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.