Dyno Translation
01-15-2018, (Subject: Dyno Translation ) 
RE: Dyno Translation
Looks like the shop is clueless according to the comments that contradict themselves.

---

Looks like someone had driven the crap out of that thing and driven it really hard according to its history. On the good side though, it only has about 18-20% idle time on it.

The abuse it has seen would explain higher than normal blo-by, lower then normal power, and the flywheel housing seeping too.

Someone has also been lugging the shi#t out of it down in the 1200-1300 rpm ranges up the mountains a lot too. Not good for them at all. The sweet spot on the ISX for max load is 1650 when pulling its hardest. When using max engine loads and pulling hard, shift bween 1500 - 1750 rpm ranges and use the lower rpm ranged when you don't need a lot of torque. That is what yields the longest engine life on them.

This company driver mentality of keeping it below 1500 rpm is bulls#hit on those engines. The operating range of the ISX is 1100 - 2400(2100 recommended cutoff) rpm 1500 and below is only the bottom 1/3 of that range.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Grizzly
01-15-2018, (Subject: Dyno Translation ) 
(01-15-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  Looks like the shop is clueless according to the comments that contradict themselves.

---

Looks like someone had driven the crap out of that thing and driven it really hard according to its history. On the good side though, it only has about 18-20% idle time on it.

The abuse it has seen would explain higher than normal blo-by, lower then normal power, and the flywheel housing seeping too.

Someone has also been lugging the shi#t out of it down in the 1200-1300 rpm ranges up the mountains a lot too. Not good for them at all. The sweet spot on the ISX for max load is 1650 when pulling its hardest. When using max engine loads and pulling hard, shift bween 1500 - 1750 rpm ranges and use the lower rpm ranged when you don't need a lot of torque. That is what yields the longest engine life on them.

This company driver mentality of keeping it below 1500 rpm is bulls#hit on those engines. The operating range of the ISX is 1100 - 2400(2100 recommended cutoff) rpm 1500 and below is only the bottom 1/3 of that range.

Correct the shift pattern SUCKS, I agree, It's an automatic (I know, I know, don't crucify me), so lately after reading all I have I been shifting manually. When in auto it shifts around 15-1600 and then drops to 1050 or 1100 (the lugging you referenced) and then has to work its way back up. At 1700 it tops out and waits on you to shift. It also seems after the years of company abuse that it "prefers" you stomp on the gas to get it to do anything. I get more reaction out of the fuel pedal when in auto and on cruise than I do in manual. Which I've changed how to drive with that too using manual and staying off the cruise. I've absorbed quite a bit from being on here and trying to put it to good use. Trust me this is not my favorite transmission I think they are a death trap in general the way they work, but it's what I have. So at this point what? Just head to Mr. Hag and have him work his magic? What concerns or priorities of repairs should I be doing that I'm not wasting money. I did not see a reference to the flywheel housing seeping in their notes. Appreciate the input Rawze.
replyreply
01-16-2018, (Subject: Dyno Translation ) 
Noticed something that aint the best. On the page that has the info from after the dyno run it shows oil pressure at 14 psi. Kinda low but the again it was idling below 600 rpm. Also it shows the percent load at 6%. Not good. You may have fueling actuators worn out or needing attention.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Grizzly , Rawze
01-16-2018, (Subject: Dyno Translation ) 
(01-16-2018 )Starlight Wrote:  Noticed something that aint the best. On the page that has the info from after the dyno run it shows oil pressure at 14 psi. Kinda low but the again it was idling below 600 rpm. Also it shows the percent load at 6%. Not good. You may have fueling actuators worn out or needing attention.

Thats odd, because I had all new injectors and actuators replaced back in April 2017. Wonder if I got another bad part.
replyreply
01-17-2018, (Subject: Dyno Translation ) 
(01-15-2018 )JMBT Wrote:  Do not replace the EGR valve if you are going to take it to Mr Hagg’s. And yes, go see Mr. Hagg.
Thanks
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.