Trading in a demandated truck
01-15-2018, (Subject: Trading in a demandated truck ) 
Trading in a demandated truck
Hello fella's,

I blew the head gasket on my 2012 cascadia with cm2250 I am thinking of trading it in, or drive it to atlanta and have mr.hagg mess with it.

Truck has 850k miles, its very clean has fairly new drives, fuel pumps, oil pump, alternator, starter etc, also its payed off.
It needs the belhousing gasket replaced its leaking oil bad, and now it started shooting coolant out bad.

If Mr.Hagg can get me in quick I can drive it there if not I wont let anyone local in Dallas area work on it I will just trade it in.

Is there a problem to trade it in with the mm tune?
replyreply
RE: Trading in a demandated truck
Dealerships won’t touch it. Federal laws dictate they can not deal in equipment that does not meet federal guidelines. It would have to be fixed before the trade in.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: sbtrucking
Payed off? Fix the damn thing. If it already has the MM and it was done properly, SCR box fixed, etc. There should be a shop somewhere in the area that can install a new head and fix the rear housing. I would do that, because odds are you will trade it for something even worse.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: the missing link , sbtrucking , Hammerhead , JMBT , Running rough
Mr. Hags and have it custom built. go another million knowing it was done right.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: the missing link , sbtrucking , dhirocz , Hammerhead , Squish099 , JMBT , Waterloo , Running rough
Im with waterloo and rawze. U trade it in or sell it urself then buy another truck your gonna A have a crazy high new truck payment, and work thru the new truck bugs. or B have a payment and have to fix all the crap that the prior owner didnt. Either way thats downtime and money out ur pocket. Go down to ATL and have Mr Hag custom re-build that engine.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: sbtrucking , JMBT , Waterloo
Y do these tend to leak engine oil from bellhousing? Mine is leaking from there too.
replyreply
(01-15-2018 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  Y do these tend to leak engine oil from bellhousing? Mine is leaking from there too.

dropping the clutch hard and driving the crap out of em with your foot in the floor all the time is the number one cause. The second reason is motor mounts wearing out.

That housing is aluminum and likes to get distorted when someone drives the crap out of em.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: sbtrucking
(01-15-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  Mr. Hags and have it custom built. go another million knowing it was done right.

Got it scheduled for next week, cant wait to visit them again, I will have him check the liners and bottom end and go from there, also I will tune it down to 450 or 425 hp, my drivers they dont care they run it on cruise up the hills for miles, also I think when the jakebrake solenoids were getting stuck its what did most of the damage
replyreply
I'd fix it for all the reasons stated. I'm going to doing mine this year, also for the same reasons. Starting over, relying on a 'warranty', or burying myself in a huge payment is not acceptable considering my truck will be paid off in under 3 months.

Only difference is I'm going to do mine myself. I love engines, so this'll be one hell of a party for me!

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , JMBT , Waterloo , the missing link , sbtrucking , fargonaz , Running rough

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.