Trading in a demandated truck
01-16-2018, (Subject: Trading in a demandated truck ) 
RE: Trading in a demandated truck
(01-15-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(01-15-2018 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  Y do these tend to leak engine oil from bellhousing? Mine is leaking from there too.

dropping the clutch hard and driving the crap out of em with your foot in the floor all the time is the number one cause. The second reason is motor mounts wearing out.

That housing is aluminum and likes to get distorted when someone drives the crap out of em.

It's also not a very well constructed gasket. I say it that way because I think the idea of the rubber coated aluminum gasket is a good one, I just think the rubber overlay is not deep enough. If they doubled the overlay, or just overlayed the whole damn thing it would be much better.
Starlight and I looked over the gasket well and we both agreed that only half of the overlay actually ends up crushed, the other half gets squished into the gap because it doesn't go all the way to the edge of the opening. It's so close, yet so far...
I've looked mine over since pulling it with a bright light and a magnifying glass and I'm convinced my gasket is not compromised, I'm sure mine was leaking out the cracks in the housing.
Do like and Hagg told me and coat the gasket well in anaerobic gel and you will stave of the issue as long as possible.
Torque loads are just a fact of my life, so I have to do all I can to prolong this inevitability.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Rawze , sbtrucking , hhow55
01-21-2018, (Subject: Trading in a demandated truck ) 
I'm happy I was able to drop the truck at Mr. Hagg 's this morning, how ever sad could not meet with him I had to catch a flight right back to Dallas, I will try to catch a load that way in next few days and decide on a route to go with inframe or replace the head when he opens the engine.
replyreply
01-22-2018, (Subject: Trading in a demandated truck ) 
(01-21-2018 )sbtrucking Wrote:  I'm happy I was able to drop the truck at Mr. Hagg 's this morning, how ever sad could not meet with him I had to catch a flight right back to Dallas, I will try to catch a load that way in next few days and decide on a route to go with inframe or replace the head when he opens the engine.
Go with inframe without any doubts. It much cheaper then open her again because blowby.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: sbtrucking
01-22-2018, (Subject: Trading in a demandated truck ) 
Yea. More than half your labor bill is in r&r the head in an Inframe anyways. Just pay the extra for the liner kits and be done with it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: sbtrucking

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.