Wheel sensor
01-15-2018, (Subject: Wheel sensor ) 
Wheel sensor
I was greasing the truck and noticed a broken wire about 10 inches back from the front passenger wheel. I can see both broken ends of the wire.
Can these be solder/spliced back together? Also, would this be a possible cause of shifting problems in my autoshift transmission? Not sure if the tranny ECU reads info from wheel speed/ABS sensor or not...
replyreply
RE: Wheel sensor
My auto was shifting hard as well and I had it serviced which is basically just empty and refill.
I have a sensor that is being cold temperature sensitive and when I start the truck if it trips my abs then it won't shift into gear or stops shifting if I've started driving. I've been letting everything get warmed up and aired up, then shut the truck off and re-start and its been fine.
As for the wire, I personally wouldnt try to rewire it but thats just me. But if you try and it doesnt work it wasnt working to begin with so you're not out anything.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , Skman
True enough...guess theres no harm in trying. I don't drive my KW with the autoshift but the driver tells me it's locking in gear sometimes and hunting a little bit.
Going to change out the output and input shaft sensors on the transmission to see if that helps. Also going to check the yoke nut for tightness and test the air regulator on the transmission.
replyreply
01-16-2018, (Subject: Wheel sensor ) 
(01-15-2018 )Skman Wrote:  and test the air regulator on the transmission.

Most people don't even know there IS an air pressure regulator on a tranny, never mind test its output! I'd bet about half the range (hi/lo) and OD/Dir shifting issues are related to this govorner. It should be checked BEFORE checking anything mechanical.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Skman
01-16-2018, (Subject: Wheel sensor ) 
Skman: i don’t think the ABS wheel sensor would be causing your auto shift problems. I think that would be in input and output shaft sensors you mentioned you were replacing. I have had good luck soldering ABS wheel sensor wires. There is one on my trailer I soldered about 100K ago with no problems. The hardest part is separating the wires because they are tiny. Use silver solder, and lower heat, separate and tape them up really well and you will be good to go. A new sensor cable usually runs about $50, and wheel and drum have to come off to replace it. Good luck

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Skman
01-28-2018, (Subject: Wheel sensor ) 
The abs sensor is about 60 bucks ya cheap ass! :)
replyreply
Hey, $60 in your pocket is better then $60 in the parts man’s hand, isn’t it!! Don’t laugh, I scavenge for change as I walk through parking lots. You would be surprised what people toss out. I have found over $1.00 in change in one trip walking into a truck stop.

Anyone that has enough money they don’t want their spare change anymore...let me know...you can mail it to me!!

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Starlight , Hammerhead
(01-28-2018 )JMBT Wrote:  Hey, $60 in your pocket is better then $60 in the parts man’s hand, isn’t it!! Don’t laugh, I scavenge for change as I walk through parking lots. You would be surprised what people toss out. I have found over $1.00 in change in one trip walking into a truck stop.

Anyone that has enough money they don’t want their spare change anymore...let me know...you can mail it to me!!

Lol, JMBT. You should get yourself a shaggy wig to wear while you stoop to pick it up.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
(01-28-2018 )Rounded_nut Wrote:  The abs sensor is about 60 bucks ya cheap ass! :)
Ebay or Amazon. Sealed factory bag is the way to go, and a lot less. And yes I’m a cheap ass when I can, after all it is my
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.