After treatment injector
01-15-2018, (Subject: After treatment injector ) 
After treatment injector
I have a 2012 international Prostar with maxxforce engine. I just replaced the DOC/DPF and all of the sensors on the DOC/DPF that I just mentioned. Next, I have been reading in here that it’s a good idea to replace the after treatment injector (hydrocarbon injector).

My question is, where is this injector located! I will take it off and replace to have anew exhaust system.

Thanks in advance!!!
replyreply
01-16-2018, (Subject: After treatment injector ) 
RE: After treatment injector
Before going any further...

Take that truck to the nearest place you can pawn it off onto or even perhaps a wrecking yard and replace it with a truck that does NOT have a maxx-force engine in it!. Save yourself the agony of trying to make what even International themselves could not get to work right. Those engines are so bad, they don't even work right after they are de-mandated, nonetheless when they still have emissions on them.

Save yourself the constant struggle and inevitable grief while your still ahead of the game.

Those are my thoughts, no one has to agree.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
I am not joking ,or making this up or trying to be a asshole ...
A coworker bought a maxtfart.....
2013 prostar 500,000 Kms on it
He has had it for 5 months AND
A avg of well over 10 k a month in the the MOTOR
All new injectors , bottom end , ect
It has cracked the fuel twice in less then 2 weeks ...
It has BROKE him , if he had to take ANY $ home it would have done him in .
He is desperately trying to lease a truck so he can climb out of this hole , but the truck has took every cent he has and he can not keep it running
I do not wish this on anybody !

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
Yeah it's kind of unfortunate...I drove a loaner truck for 3 months that had a maxfarce in it. It spent more time in the shop than I spent driving it.

When I turned in my list of what was wrong with it after turning it back in, the company sold it instead. What a piece.

Didn't they loose a lawsuit over them not too long ago, kind of like caterpillar did with the 2010+ C-13/C15?

I think the maxfarce might actually be worse than the late cat motors, IMO. That's pretty bad.

If someone was to find a way to get them to run right, I'd bet they'd make a ton of money. If International can't even get them to run right, that speaks poorly of their power train engineers... something I'll keep in mind.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
My buddy had his Pete fuel pump go out and rented a truck while it was getting fixed.. in 4 weeks we went through 4 International rental trucks. We really liked the trucks but they would not stay running. CEL would light up, call the dealer they would just say try to make it to our shop and we will get you another one..
replyreply
https://www.lieffcabraser.com/defect/nav...maxxforce/

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hatchhero
01-29-2018, (Subject: After treatment injector ) 
I bought this truck, it only had 137,000 miles on it and for the most part, I’m making money and other than EGR COOLER problems, it has been a decent truck.

Shall I get the computer cleared after replacing the DOC/DPF? This replacement has solely been my decision. I just was reading about needing to replace the doser valve when replacing the above mentioned. Just need to know where that is located on a maxxforce engine. Just trying to stay ahead of future problems.

I only have 278k miles on it now.

I appreciate all responses.

Thanks!!!!!
replyreply
02-02-2018, (Subject: After treatment injector ) 

replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
02-03-2018, (Subject: After treatment injector ) 
(02-02-2018 )flatfoot Wrote:  ...

I find it kind of ridiculous that an instruction manual could be written for such an idiot!.

..."kep clean"...

..."do not drop it on the floor"...

... "only use clean caps"...

bla bla bla,... Some info would be expected for its removal or install,... but come on,.. 80% of that text looks to me like it was written for someone who has no common sense!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.