Regen after clearing codes
01-15-2018, (Subject: Regen after clearing codes ) 
Regen after clearing codes
Is it mandatory to do a regen after clearing codes with Insite?
replyreply
01-16-2018, (Subject: Regen after clearing codes ) 
RE: Regen after clearing codes
========

On de-mandated trucks ...

- I HAVE HOWEVER SEEN many of the OEM shops requiring someone to have a forced regen done after service work on de-mandated trucks. They know damn well it is not going to do it, but charge you for it anyways. This is to cover their arsse on the reciept because they worked on a de-mandated truck. If on paper it shows the truck went through the regen process, they can deny it was de-mandeted at the time of service if it ever comes up. If you have a de-mandated truck, and someone charges you for a forced regen on the repair bill,.. smile and chok it up as them covering their own arsse and be thankful they did not refuse to work on it at all.

===

On trucks with emissions still active ...

This leads to one of my big gripes about stealersh$its. I see them do this a LOT!...

When someone is having emissions system problems and CEL lights, they go run off to a shop, typically the shop will often do nothing but reset the codes and do a forced regen. ---- THEY DID NOT REPAIR ANYTHING WHATSOEVER!!!! -- NOTHING!!!-- AND YOU WILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AGAIN !!!.

All they did was TAKE YOUR MONEY AND SEND YOU REELING DOWN THE ROAD AND INTO THE NEXT SHOP !.

If the engine is demanding a forced regen then you should always fix what is wrong FIRST + go through the whole system to bring it back into good health again. This leads to ...

Doing a forced regen with insite should only be done if you have done a lot of service work to the system and want to ensure it is operating correctly and the system is healthy again before putting the truck back on the roads.

So, the final answer on your question is generally -- NO!. Technically it is not required at all but many do it for various other reasons.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: MCRENT
01-16-2018, (Subject: Regen after clearing codes ) 
RE: Regen after clearing codes
(01-16-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  ========

On de-mandated trucks ...

- I HAVE HOWEVER SEEN many of the OEM shops requiring someone to have a forced regen done after service work on de-mandated trucks. They know damn well it is not going to do it, but charge you for it anyways. This is to cover their arsse on the reciept because they worked on a de-mandated truck. If on paper it shows the truck went through the regen process, they can deny it was de-mandeted at the time of service if it ever comes up. If you have a de-mandated truck, and someone charges you for a forced regen on the repair bill,.. smile and chok it up as them covering their own arsse and be thankful they did not refuse to work on it at all.

===

On trucks with emissions still active ...

This leads to one of my big gripes about stealersh$its. I see them do this a LOT!...

When someone is having emissions system problems and CEL lights, they go run off to a shop, typically the shop will often do nothing but reset the codes and do a forced regen. ---- THEY DID NOT REPAIR ANYTHING WHATSOEVER!!!! -- NOTHING!!!-- AND YOU WILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AGAIN !!!.

All they did was TAKE YOUR MONEY AND SEND YOU REELING DOWN THE ROAD AND INTO THE NEXT SHOP !.

If the engine is demanding a forced regen then you should always fix what is wrong FIRST + go through the whole system to bring it back into good health again. This leads to ...

Doing a forced regen with insite should only be done if you have done a lot of service work to the system and want to ensure it is operating correctly and the system is healthy again before putting the truck back on the roads.

So, the final answer on your question is generally -- NO!. Technically it is not required at all but many do it for various other reasons.

Thank you Rawze.. A buddy had his filter cleaned and then had issue with smoking really bad into the cab when the truck would regen on its normal cycle, he took it back to the place that cleaned the filter and they found one of the gaskets was messed up so they replaced it and all was good.. But they did a regen and would not let him leave until they did it saying they had to.. Thats why I asked. Thanks again for the detailed answer.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.