Isx codes
03-27-2016, (Subject: Isx codes ) 
Isx codes
Is there a way to clear codes without a computer?

I have a code for the crankcase breather, I changed it and it came on 500 miles later. Well after looking I noticed cummins didn't put the breather hose back on the valve cover after they did over head.Maybe this was what was throwing code? Will the code go off on its own if it cycles good a few times?

Thanks

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201603/post_1869_1459084702_49dd6a6086abd4cb55c57ff6d3e68634.jpg
replyreply
RE: Isx codes
What was the code? Double click it in INSITE and read the "conditions for clearing". It will tell you exactly what the ECM needs to see before it will change the code to inactive. For example it may need to read a certain amount of pressure for a certain amount of time.
replyreply
I'm not sure what the code was lol... after they did over head the next day the light came on, they hooked it up to computer and said breather needs replaced and sold me a breather and cleared code. At least they hooked the computer up and cleared for free.... lol... I'm not even sure the hose off is the problem but theven light is back on and the hose is u hooked
replyreply
Without knowing the code, all you can do is refit the hose and keep driving it. If it doesn't go away you might have a different fault all together, so I'd be getting someone to plug into it and check just to be sure.
replyreply
If it is a code for the crankcase breather sensor, I replaced mine and it went away. I never saw it again... But I do believe it was recorded, and I later cleared it with Insite.
replyreply
Well, to begin with the breathe those doe's not go the valve cover, it connect's to the front cover.
Now the picture you took, is the drain for the crankcase filter housing.
Now listen up, you should have a sensor on the crankcase housing, which may be bad.
So remove the hose that connect's at the top of the crankcase housing, and see if your code will go away.
You may need to turn the key off and on a few time's to cancel the active code
See if you have excessive white blowby, coming from the hose you disconnect from the crankcase housing.
replyreply
(03-27-2016 )hhow55 Wrote:  Well, to begin with the breathe those doe's not go the valve cover, it connect's to the front cover.
Now the picture you took, is the drain for the crankcase filter housing.
Now listen up, you should have a sensor on the crankcase housing, which may be bad.
So remove the hose that connect's at the top of the crankcase housing, and see if your code will go away.
You may need to turn the key off and on a few time's to cancel the active code
See if you have excessive white blowby, coming from the hose you disconnect from the crankcase housing.

The breather hose comes from the rocker cover on the CM22XX. It comes from the upper gear cover on the CM871
replyreply
Without a computer with Insite, After you fix the loose hose connection, it can take up to 2 - 3 hours of driving before the code goes away on its own. Just make sure your not getting excess blow-by as well. it can make that code. Also it will make that code if the crank case filter is clogging up.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.