Trailer brake and ABS
01-17-2018, (Subject: Trailer brake and ABS ) 
RE: Trailer brake and ABS
(01-17-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  Next question is can i take the ABS whole module out to inspect or replace without dropping air tank it attached to?
Yes you can.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
(01-17-2018 )Starlight Wrote:  
(01-17-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  Next question is can i take the ABS whole module out to inspect or replace without dropping air tank it attached to?
Yes you can.
Ok. Now I have to take the challenge tomorrow. We have nice warm and dry weather so far and lot of beer.:big_smile2:(Trying to lure most wheeled man)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
(01-17-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  
Yes you can.
Ok. Now I have to take the challenge tomorrow. We have nice warm and dry weather so far and lot of beer.:big_smile2:(Trying to lure most wheeled man)

If you're referring to me, I'm a long ways away, and headed the other way, or I'd come and help, no question.
My knowledge of ABS is quite simple; trailers with a load bearing capacity exceeding 50 tons do not require ABS...so I know what the acronym is, and that's about it! I've never had ABS.

And besides, when I'm hangin with you, I prefer to drink vodka!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
(01-17-2018 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(01-17-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  
Yes you can.

If you're referring to me, I'm a long ways away, and headed the other way, or I'd come and help, no question.
My knowledge of ABS is quite simple; trailers with a load bearing capacity exceeding 50 tons do not require ABS...so I know what the acronym is, and that's about it! I've never had ABS.

And besides, when I'm hangin with you, I prefer to drink vodka!

He-he you got it right. Beer is just warming up before main drink.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
I have a castle ton belly dump at home ...
Kinda related
I have replaced everything , some things twice ( including a 1200$ valve twice ) ...
It locks the front axle up real easy espic ally when m/t , not bad when loaded . I know this ain't right but I gave up on it .kinda hard on tires .
Every once in a while I'd tare into it , spend a bunch of $ and give up again . Even had a few good shops look at it .

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
(01-17-2018 )the missing link Wrote:  I have a castle ton belly dump at home ...
Kinda related
I have replaced everything , some things twice ( including a 1200$ valve twice ) ...
It locks the front axle up real easy espic ally when m/t , not bad when loaded . I know this ain't right but I gave up on it .kinda hard on tires .
Every once in a while I'd tare into it , spend a bunch of $ and give up again . Even had a few good shops look at it .

Could be the wrong style of brake chambers? -- Wrong stroke?

just a guess.m Never worked on em.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: the missing link
Im shooting from the hip here but i would closely inspect cam bushings for being dry on the axles that dont apply the brakes as fast. What might be happening is your front axle that applies quickly might have cams that move freely where as the rear might be tight and cause a delay. The hendrickson intraxx system is bad for that. The inside bushing will lubricate well because it can purge easily when greasing but the outside gets less grease. I believe the outer cam seal is tighter than normal on the intraxx system and causes it to only partially grease. My bro's flat deck has this going on right now. The inside bushing is nice and tight but the outside is so worn out its caused the lower brake shoe to be slightly more worn than the upper. Just something to maybe look at.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , the missing link , JMBT
Thanks for the replys, I'll check it out one day , she just sits there now ,lol

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
01-18-2018, (Subject: Trailer brake and ABS ) 
ABS modulation valve was bad. Now she is ready go out to intercept Hammerhead.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Wiseman , Hammerhead , Chamberpains

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.