Buying a used truck maintenance history??
01-17-2018, (Subject: Buying a used truck maintenance history?? ) 
Buying a used truck maintenance history??
When shopping for a used truck, to get the full maintenance history/download, is that free and can it only be done by a dealer so that I can see what services where done and parts replaced over the life of the truck?
replyreply
RE: Buying a used truck maintenance history??
IMHO this is not something one should ever have to purchase, period!

If a truck owner has any integrity, he should feel no reason to not share this info.
If my truck was for sale, I have every single Monthly Maintenance Report since the day I drove it out the showroom doors. I also have every Oil Sample Report ever done, which is darn near every single oil change.
If I was to sell my truck, and you came and looked it over and asked for it, I would let you look at them, or take copies as you saw fit.
If you purchased my truck, they are part of the truck and would go with the truck.
Now I would keep copies, because I also record trailer service and repairs on them as well, and the copies would belong with the trailer.
This is how I sell my equipment, and how I think all equipment info should be provided.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Blake
RE: Buying a used truck maintenance history??
Thanks Hammerhead! I'm learning what things to ask and look for when truck shopping. Is there anyone here whom offers a service that someone like myself could hire to do a full inspection of I found a truck I was interested in?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.