2011 Detroit DD13 opinions?
01-18-2018, (Subject: 2011 Detroit DD13 opinions? ) 
2011 Detroit DD13 opinions?
I know this is mostly a Cummins forum but I'm giving Detroit a though. I'm in the market for a day cab tandem axle truck and just came across this southern truck that's priced pretty reasonable. The truck has 261k on it with 7500 hours. I've never owned one of these newer SCR trucks and not thrilled about jumping into the full emissions diesels, but I guess I don't have a choice unless I buy an antique. The truck is pretty cleaned and being sold by a small dealer that doesn't usually sell heavy duty trucks. They seem like good people and said I could road test it and take it to a shop to look over it. The Carfax is clean and looks like it's had oil changes at 20k intervals. Called my Freightliner dealer and they said not too much was done under warranty,delta p sensor and radiator. Have these engine/truck combinations been relatively reliable? Is there anything in particular I should look for in this truck? I really don't have much experience in these newer trucks but have done a lot of wrenching on the older ones. I'm just a small company who has a few trucks that are on the road and looking to upgrade to something newer. I'm not sure how well the Detroits run after a delete is done and there's not much information about them. Opinions?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.