Should I buy OEM Insite or ebay insite?
01-20-2018, (Subject: Should I buy OEM Insite or ebay insite? ) 
Should I buy OEM Insite or ebay insite?
I’m kind of stuck on this and did a search and couldn’t find really anything about it. I already have a Nexiq USB adapter and I am planning on getting a dedicated laptop for the software. Should I go with the OEM subscription or should I just buy a cheap Chinese eBay clone? It’s obvious if I didn’t have the Nexiq adapter that I would go with the eBay insite so like I said this one has me stumped....

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
RE: Should I buy OEM Insite or ebay insite?
Ebay inline5 works very well for my cm2350

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Volvo8873 , JMBT
When I contacted Cummins to find out the price, they said $434 just for one year of Insite Lite version. And no Pro version available because it’s only for authorized dealers. That’s one thing to keep in mind when making your decision.

User's Signature: I Need to start asking my stupid questions
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Volvo8873
(01-20-2018 )rrod Wrote:  When I contacted Cummins to find out the price, they said $434 just for one year of Insite Lite version. And no Pro version available because it’s only for authorized dealers. That’s one thing to keep in mind when making your decision.

That's not true....I am a one driver company and I have Service Pro on my laptop.....Service Lite lets you do everything except calibrations.......

And I have Insite 8.3...........legal.

User's Signature: You want how much?
replyreply
(01-20-2018 )scottydogtruck Wrote:  
(01-20-2018 )rrod Wrote:  When I contacted Cummins to find out the price, they said $434 just for one year of Insite Lite version. And no Pro version available because it’s only for authorized dealers. That’s one thing to keep in mind when making your decision.

That's not true....I am a one driver company and I have Service Pro on my laptop.....Service Lite lets you do everything except calibrations.......

If you have Pro, that’s good. I’m just letting everyone know what Cummins told me.

User's Signature: I Need to start asking my stupid questions
replyreply
 Thanks given by: scottydogtruck

How much was that subscription? I have a 2011 Volvo Vnl with 2250 that was demandated before I bought and I am kind of skiddish of what tune could be on it. Thinking that getting the software is a good place to start. Thinking to maybe mandate it for a possible Recon block for warranty reasons but have also thought of rebuilding it myself. Have not got that far yet.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
(01-20-2018 )Volvo8873 Wrote:  

How much was that subscription? I have a 2011 Volvo Vnl with 2250 that was demandated before I bought and I am kind of skiddish of what tune could be on it. Thinking that getting the software is a good place to start. Thinking to maybe mandate it for a possible Recon block for warranty reasons but have also thought of rebuilding it myself. Have not got that far yet.
If I am not mistaken, It cost me around $780.00us......If you need a fleet count, that I don't know. Fleet counts allow you to change the factory cal to another cal in your ECM, but be warned.......this could get ugly if you don't do the right research.

replyreply
(01-20-2018 )rrod Wrote:  

If you have Pro, that’s good. I’m just letting everyone know what Cummins told me.
No worries...

replyreply
01-21-2018, (Subject: Should I buy OEM Insite or ebay insite? ) 
(01-20-2018 )rrod Wrote:  

No worries...
Is it significant difference between 8.3 and 7.6.sp5?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.