Should I buy OEM Insite or ebay insite?
03-22-2018, (Subject: Should I buy OEM Insite or ebay insite? ) 
RE: Should I buy OEM Insite or ebay insite?
7.6.2 sp5 works just fine on windows 10. used it multiple times
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
03-29-2018, (Subject: Should I buy OEM Insite or ebay insite? ) 
Ok so I just tried to install the Inline 6 I got from OBDII365. Guessing its made of Chinesium. It came with an Insite disk (not the Inline 6 driver disk) and all of the cables. It wont install Insite, just says failed to install. Do i need Insite? It won't install the Insite update manager, it installed the Insite fault viewer icon only but won't open anything ("failed to open").

I downloaded the 64-bit driver off of the Cummins website. Being that this is a bootleg adapter, will the official driver even work? I don't have a way to power it up at the moment, so I will have to report back.

Can anyone offer some guidance? This is driving me insane. Thanks!
replyreply
(03-29-2018 )Meatbag Wrote:  Ok so I just tried to install the Inline 6 I got from OBDII365. Guessing its made of Chinesium. It came with an Insite disk (not the Inline 6 driver disk) and all of the cables. It wont install Insite, just says failed to install. Do i need Insite? It won't install the Insite update manager, it installed the Insite fault viewer icon only but won't open anything ("failed to open").

I downloaded the 64-bit driver off of the Cummins website. Being that this is a bootleg adapter, will the official driver even work? I don't have a way to power it up at the moment, so I will have to report back.

Can anyone offer some guidance? This is driving me insane. Thanks!
Check with seller website. Most sellers have video or u-tube link HOW TO INSTALL.
Yes, you need INSITE this is the program to work with Cummins ECM.
Inline is Data Link Adapter to provide communication between ECM and laptop running Insite.
Installation process isn't so easy as click and use. Insite will read your laptop HWID and ask you for passwords.
replyreply
Don't fall in rush with adapter. Without INSITE installed it same as remote control without TV.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Meatbag
Ok that makes sense. I don't have Insite and I mainly got the inline so my computer could be accessed remotely by one of the resident whiz-kids here. I'm guessing they just included the Insite disk because it has the inline drivers on it.
replyreply
(03-29-2018 )Meatbag Wrote:  Ok that makes sense. I don't have Insite and I mainly got the inline so my computer could be accessed remotely by one of the resident whiz-kids here. I'm guessing they just included the Insite disk because it has the inline drivers on it.
Usually it does include disc with everything. Sometime programs on the disc archived and winrar program need to open and install.
replyreply
03-30-2018, (Subject: Should I buy OEM Insite or ebay insite? ) 
Put the CD in and open it. Either screenshot what you're looking at so we can see the files or snap a picture with your cell phone and post it on here so we can see what the files are on the CD. We might be able to help you from there.

Also the resident wizkid you're working with may just help you out remotely knowing that you're having problems.
replyreply
03-31-2018, (Subject: Should I buy OEM Insite or ebay insite? ) 
or better yet throw the dam cd in the garbage and contact the "whiz Kid" and have him install it all with decent non screwy software. If you bought it to have someone tune it take my advice, if you install it wrong it takes longer to remove it all and fix it for the guy on the other end.

if its just for diag, thats a different story.

Uni
replyreply
 Thanks given by: iceman , Chamberpains

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.