Should I buy OEM Insite or ebay insite?
01-21-2018, (Subject: Should I buy OEM Insite or ebay insite? ) 
RE: Should I buy OEM Insite or ebay insite?
(01-20-2018 )scottydogtruck Wrote:  
(01-20-2018 )Volvo8873 Wrote:  
(01-20-2018 )rrod Wrote:  When I contacted Cummins to find out the price, they said $434 just for one year of Insite Lite version. And no Pro version available because it’s only for authorized dealers. That’s one thing to keep in mind when making your decision.

That's not true....I am a one driver company and I have Service Pro on my laptop.....Service Lite lets you do everything except calibrations.......

And I have Insite 8.3...........legal.

How much was that subscription? I have a 2011 Volvo Vnl with 2250 that was demandated before I bought and I am kind of skiddish of what tune could be on it. Thinking that getting the software is a good place to start. Thinking to maybe mandate it for a possible Recon block for warranty reasons but have also thought of rebuilding it myself. Have not got that far yet.
If I am not mistaken, It cost me around $780.00us......If you need a fleet count, that I don't know. Fleet counts allow you to change the factory cal to another cal in your ECM, but be warned.......this could get ugly if you don't do the right research.

Thanks! did you go through the quickserv website or dealer to get it downloaded?

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
01-21-2018, (Subject: Should I buy OEM Insite or ebay insite? ) 
(01-21-2018 )Volvo8873 Wrote:  
(01-20-2018 )Volvo8873 Wrote:  
(01-20-2018 )rrod Wrote:  When I contacted Cummins to find out the price, they said $434 just for one year of Insite Lite version. And no Pro version available because it’s only for authorized dealers. That’s one thing to keep in mind when making your decision.

That's not true....I am a one driver company and I have Service Pro on my laptop.....Service Lite lets you do everything except calibrations.......

And I have Insite 8.3...........legal.

How much was that subscription? I have a 2011 Volvo Vnl with 2250 that was demandated before I bought and I am kind of skiddish of what tune could be on it. Thinking that getting the software is a good place to start. Thinking to maybe mandate it for a possible Recon block for warranty reasons but have also thought of rebuilding it myself. Have not got that far yet.
If I am not mistaken, It cost me around $780.00us......If you need a fleet count, that I don't know. Fleet counts allow you to change the factory cal to another cal in your ECM, but be warned.......this could get ugly if you don't do the right research.

Thanks! did you go through the quickserv website or dealer to get it downloaded?
Http://insite.cummins.com

You will have to contact your local dealer, or find out who is the regional Cummins rep to get your subscription....software is free, but the subscription price sucks!,,

User's Signature: You want how much?
replyreply
01-22-2018, (Subject: Should I buy OEM Insite or ebay insite? ) 
7.6 sp5 won't work on the new X15 engine...

replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
01-23-2018, (Subject: Should I buy OEM Insite or ebay insite? ) 
(01-22-2018 )scottydogtruck Wrote:  7.6 sp5 won't work on the new X15 engine...

7.6 sp5 works just fine on X15 engine
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Chamberpains
01-25-2018, (Subject: Should I buy OEM Insite or ebay insite? ) 
I was told differently, but if it does, ...my bad.

replyreply
02-06-2018, (Subject: Should I buy OEM Insite or ebay insite? ) 
Ended up getting getting ahold of a cummins rep and he said that Cummins has no longer made the pro version available to the public.

I came across this on eBay and it seems tempting...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/232622014622?ul_noapp=true

I really need Volvo PTT to diagnose a injector cup issue also. Got ahold of the guy and he said I need Nexiq adapter which I already have. What do you guys think?

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
02-06-2018, (Subject: Should I buy OEM Insite or ebay insite? ) 
(02-06-2018 )Volvo8873 Wrote:  Ended up getting getting ahold of a cummins rep and he said that Cummins has no longer made the pro version available to the public.

I came across this on eBay and it seems tempting...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/232622014622?ul_noapp=true

I really need Volvo PTT to diagnose a injector cup issue also. Got ahold of the guy and he said I need Nexiq adapter which I already have. What do you guys think?
I have everything listed here working with china Inline-5. By some signs this comp software from well known site. Not original with authentic account passwords from soft holder.
If you have Nexqik just add $100 laptop and time to install soft.
replyreply
03-10-2018, (Subject: Should I buy OEM Insite or ebay insite? ) 
Hey guys I recently received my insite from China lol ... it's one from eBay..
I started to install the program on my laptop and when I wanted to run the program it's asking me for a Cummins subscription password ... am I missing something?? Or am o going to have to buy the Cummins yr subscription??
replyreply
03-10-2018, (Subject: Should I buy OEM Insite or ebay insite? ) 
(03-10-2018 )JHNDZ Wrote:  Hey guys I recently received my insite from China lol ... it's one from eBay..
I started to install the program on my laptop and when I wanted to run the program it's asking me for a Cummins subscription password ... am I missing something?? Or am o going to have to buy the Cummins yr subscription??

Is it also giving you the PC ID ? I may be wrong but think you are suppose to give this PC ID to the vendor who sold you the Insite and he will give you the key or password needed.

User's Signature: I Need to start asking my stupid questions
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.