INSITE
03-27-2016, (Subject: INSITE ) 
INSITE
I've only been a member here for a short time. Already I have taken on the biggest job I've ever attempted due to you guys' help! Thank you.

Now, it seems like the INSITE gets mentioned a LOT on here. So I Googled it and found prices up to and even over $3000. :waaaht::waaaht::waaaht: But then I found this: INSITE Software and Training Kit (old part number - 4919612) for $242.40. That does not include the annual subscription which apparently is required for an additional cost of $627 per year.

I can see getting the program for the $242. But I would be using it very little. Like to do that thing that nobody mentions out loud here and maybe clearing the codes that have built up in my ECM already. Then maybe clear some codes in the future.

Is this the "kit" I would need to do what I want to do?

Is there any way around the subscription?
replyreply
RE: INSITE
Yep, you can get around the subscription. Check out the cummins insite on ebay. I got mine for $279, it included shipping from hong kong
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Andre_The_Giant
P.m sent. Check your inbox driving ziggy.
replyreply
The maker of that stuff is way too greedy for the one truck owner. I don't blame anyone for getting it form China. it is the way most truck owners go, and there ways around the overpriced renewal fees too. I am sure someone will likely be happy to PM you and fill you in on the details.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-28-2016, (Subject: INSITE ) 
(03-27-2016 )hhow55 Wrote:  Yep, you can get around the subscription. Check out the cummins insite on ebay. I got mine for $279, it included shipping from hong kong
But direct from Cummins it shows to be $242.40. Is there any advantage to getting it from overseas?
replyreply
03-28-2016, (Subject: INSITE ) 
I got the ebay one too
replyreply
03-31-2016, (Subject: INSITE ) 
insite.cummins.com.........you can d/l the software for free......2GB file. The license will cost you....

User's Signature: You want how much?
replyreply
04-02-2016, (Subject: INSITE ) 
(03-31-2016 )scottydogtruck Wrote:  insite.cummins.com.........you can d/l the software for free......2GB file. The license will cost you....
How much?

Okay, let me try it this way: Is there any advantage to spending more to buy the INSITE from China than spending less to buy it here in America? Like maybe avoiding the licensing fee or some kind of unlock code?

For once I didn't forget: Yes, I remember the PM I got about ways around the annual fee. Once I figger out if I'm buying domestic or not whenever my main question get answered, I will be replying!
replyreply
04-02-2016, (Subject: INSITE ) 
yes, the chinese comes with the inline 5 so that your PC can communicate with the ECU and no annual fee, the cummins licensed version is software only.

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.