Engine Monitoring
01-21-2018, (Subject: Engine Monitoring ) 
Engine Monitoring
I like to tabs on my vehicles. I've used Ultragauge, and EdgeCTS2 on my passenger vehicles to monitor items like IAT, MAP, coolant temp, EGT, speed, etc. What works best on highway tractors?

I've seen Scangauge D advertised before. Are they a good choice?

User's Signature: The fastest way to learn is to make a mistake. If it costs me $ I learn pretty quickly. It's cheaper to learn from someone else's mistakes.
replyreply
01-21-2018, (Subject: Engine Monitoring ) 
RE: Engine Monitoring
On the newer trucks anything that reads J1939/CAN protocol will get you the information you're looking for.

The Scangauge D, KR, Cummins Roadrelay and I'm sure there are a couple others including some chinese knock offs. FW Murphy or Enovation Controls make some awesome displays if your wallet is so inclined.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DLC
02-03-2018, (Subject: Engine Monitoring ) 
I bought a ScanGauge D. I'll try it out next time I'm on the road.

User's Signature: The fastest way to learn is to make a mistake. If it costs me $ I learn pretty quickly. It's cheaper to learn from someone else's mistakes.
replyreply
02-03-2018, (Subject: Engine Monitoring ) 
I have the ScanGauge D (not KR). If you get one make sure you go through the manual and do the procedure to email them the J1939 info it captures.
They will email you back a list of additional X-Codes you can program into the ScanGauge.
Having done that I can monitor lots of additional information from the engine and the emissions system. I can read DPF pressures in, out and differential. DPF temperatures. DOC temperatures, NOx sensors, fuel pressure both high and low. And much more.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hhow55 , DLC , gatow900
02-05-2018, (Subject: Engine Monitoring ) 
I might have to buy some more Scanguages. I have several vehicles I'd like to use it on. Monitoring more parameters would be nice. I'll start another post regarding that.

replyreply
(02-05-2018 )DLC Wrote:  I might have to buy some more Scanguages. I have several vehicles I'd like to use it on. Monitoring more parameters would be nice. I'll start another post regarding that.

You can daisy chain scan gauges together. Linear Logic will have a short cable needed or I got one from some electronic store and while it worked, it was way too long. If you check with Linear Logic they could tell you how many gauges you can daisy chain.

User's Signature: Too young to quit........Too old to change.
replyreply
Then he have to daisy chain all vehicles he have . Just for laughs
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DLC , fargonaz
02-07-2018, (Subject: Engine Monitoring ) 
STAY AWAY FROM THE SCANGAUGE KR. Kevin Ratherturd put his name on yet another piece of crap. Its horrible the way it monitors the sensors. There is actual caps that the gauge itself will not allow it to read. Like boost stops at 31.5 and it's miles per gallon calculations are absolutely wrong. I cannot figure out where it's even getting its data to make the calculations.
replyreply
02-07-2018, (Subject: Engine Monitoring ) 
(02-07-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  STAY AWAY FROM THE SCANGAUGE KR. Klevis Ratherturd put his name on yet another piece of crap. Its horrible the way it monitors the sensors. There is actual caps that the gauge itself will not allow it to read. Like boost stops at 31.5 and it's miles per gallon calculations are absolutely wrong. I cannot figure out where it's even getting its data to make the calculations.

My regular ScanGauge works fine. I’ve seen my boost up to 34.1 lbs.
I don’t know his problem with reading mpg, so he had it averaged out over several seconds.
Sure mine jumps around, but you get use to what to look for.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.