Engine Monitoring
02-07-2018, (Subject: Engine Monitoring ) 
RE: Engine Monitoring
I got a scamgauge kr off ebay for a c-note. It regularly reads boost at 34psi. Works fine for me, since I don't use any of the other stuff they cram in that model. Just the dater that's all I want.
replyreply
02-17-2018, (Subject: Engine Monitoring ) 
RE: Engine Monitoring
I hauled a few loads with my Scangage now. It only reads boost to 31.5 psi on my old N14. I easily adjusted the speedometer on it to read correctly as my tach and speedometer on the truck are on strike.

The way the gage will really pay for itself is saving me fuel. I did one run at 41,000 kgs 7th high at ~1700 rpm at 53 mph and recorded 3.8 mpg.

I did another run at ~ 1500 rpm in 8th low and recorded 3.4 mpg. Pretty significant increase. I haven't corrected the fuel consumption yet. The highest GPH I've seen is 25.5 which would be about right for my 500 hp N14.

User's Signature: The fastest way to learn is to make a mistake. If it costs me $ I learn pretty quickly. It's cheaper to learn from someone else's mistakes.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.