temporary truck license
01-23-2018, (Subject: temporary truck license ) 
temporary truck license
My truck is down for a few weeks for major repairs. In the meantime I'm going to drive another truck with this company. I'm leased to a Canadian company and usually drive into the U.S. - my truck is licensed for all provinces/states. This truck is only licensed for Canada. I think when someone uses a rental truck, they use the license and authority of the truck that the rental is replacing.

I've already been told by our permits person that I can't use my transponders (EZ Pass, etc.) and that I would have to pay the $12 CBP fee each border crossing. Also, because NM, KY, NY, & OR have permits that are specific to my truck I can't run those states. I haven't heard back from our licensing person yet.

My question: If I kept my cab card and all my truck paperwork with me, could I run this truck into the states not listed above?

Our company has been on EOBR's for a few years, so that won't be an issue.
replyreply
01-23-2018, (Subject: temporary truck license ) 
RE: temporary truck license
If you are leased to a company it should be their responsibility to register your rental truck with New Mexico, Kentucky, Oregon, and New York. That is if it's there Authority that you are running under. As far as the EZ Pass, I know I had to use my EZ Pass when I rented a Penske truck. You definitely do not want to blow tolls and let the License Plate Reader send you the bill on tolls. Penske tacks on a huge charge for every toll they have to handle that is associated with their license plate. So if I were you I would run yout EZ Pass
replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf
01-24-2018, (Subject: temporary truck license ) 
RE: temporary truck license
Thanks. This isn't really a rental; it's some multi truck owner that underpays drivers and is short some so this truck was sitting. I am running a short Canadian run today and noticed that even though this is considered a Canada only truck, the cab card has all states listed on it too. If they can't keep me busy in Canada, I'm sure it'd be no problem taking this truck south.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.