Help please. ?
03-27-2016, (Subject: Help please. ? ) 
Help please. ?
First let me say I joined 2 months ago when I bought my 07 isx. The info I have learned of this site is invaluable, I cannot ever thank or repay this knowledge enough. I did a tuneup ( thanks to you guys) replaced I map sensor (still have to do the rest ) and lots of tinkering . Hoping to do the ... when my inline comes in . 10 days ago I took out my genset lines ,they were old never thought nothing of it and replaced them . 2 days later took the rad out on the genset and I was going to replace it anyways it was pretty rough shape. Last night I was pulling a empty super bee though some little hills come around a corner put my foot in her a bit and she did hiccup though the breathers ( 1450 rpm roughy). So I stopped checked everything out and it seemed ok . So I started watching very close ran good for about 2 miles . Then Lost all my boost I could not get it to spool if it did 15 lbs tops . So I stopped again .

Here is what I found
No antifreeze in oil , no oil in antifreeze, down a half gallon of antifreeze , did not heat up at all, no air in surge tank , air to air side of turbo clean.
So I dropped my trailers and started to limp back to town got about 15 miles, ran good exept for the turbo. Then she shut down , would not go over 1000 rpm so I pulled over shut her down . It pushed about half a gallon of antifreeze out. It was also smoking could not tell if it was white or not ( it was to dark out to tell) .
I spent to night there. I got up and was going to leave the truck and tow it in . I figured I fire it up and see what it does ( being that I was still 5 miles till phone service or town) it ran good again ( no boost ) limped it in and shut it down, here I sit . No smoke out of the stacks bringing it in .
I did find a slight antifreeze leak on a old hose ( I have new ones in the truck waiting to got home to change out all of them.
Antifreeze level is right full I overfilled when I stopped the first time that might expain the antifreeze it pushed out .
What I don't understand is if its the air comp, or a head / gasket why it's derating so bad .
I have read the other form on this . That's what got me stumped
Any ideas Thank you for any help or knowledge any body can share .
500 isx 9900i

:waaaht::s
replyreply
RE: Help please. ?
Oh my warn light has been coming on and off the last week ( I though it was the egr maybe ) i wasnwaiting for my inline to get here
660 000 km
Also not showing any codes
Could the dpf have anything to do with it ?
replyreply
Sounds like it is your EGR valve, that is how my last Volvo acted when the EGR valve failed. Smoke and limp, I thought I had lost my turbo... First experience with an EGR motor, and it was not good. I limped it to a shop and said WTF is an EGR Valve? He said it is $750! This was in 2006, and there was little if any info on these damn things out here, I took his word, he installed and I never had any more problems.
replyreply
You have a DPF can on that thing? Which motor are you running, the CM-870 or CM-871? And you have a DPF can on her eh? 2007 I'm thinking CM-870... Not the CM-871
replyreply
Yes I have a can on it , I am pretty sure it's the 871
I unplugged the magic plug and no difference
I am starting to wonder about the turbo actuator ?
replyreply
might be a broken turbo impeller shaft.

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply
plug the magic plug back in, see if you can hear the erg valve moving, with only turning the key on, not starting the engine. then remove 2 bolts on the venturi pipe, at the intake horn, and pull the pipe away slightly, to see if you have air flow coming from the erg valve, while engine is running
replyreply
(03-27-2016 )Hedley Wrote:  might be a broken turbo impeller shaft.

Hedley,
Would he be able to remove the front and rear piping from the turbo, then with his hand's turn the impeller blade's on front and rear in opposite direction's to determine if his shaft is broken?
replyreply
Ok, well, that kind of changes things, not saying it could not be your EGR valve, but you now have a bunch of other sensors involved. Wish you had that inline... Hmph.

Is there anyway to get an Inline reader on it? Any local Cummins shops that could at least pull the codes, if any for you? That would be my first plan of attack... If not, my next suggestion is to do the following...

Check the Turbo like Hedley just said, you will have to remove the front and back lines to inspect. It is an easy job, check for oil and metal...

I take it you have not done the EGR tuneup on this thing... Do you have the ability to do a tuneup on her say like tomorrow? If not, watch the videos and at least start by pulling your sending units and cleaning them with say a tooth brush, a dry tooth brush, some of these sensors will be ruined if you attempt to clean with any liquids or solvents. Then get the soot out of the system. You can pull the EGR Valve yourself and try to clean it, reinstall and hope it still functions, it may just be guncked up with soot, just be gentle with the plunger if you do this. Rawze talks about this in one of his videos, sometimes you can save these things, at least long enough to mm it.

I hope someone more knowledgable tunes in, I am far from a mechanic, but the above for right now is what I personally would do.

Hope this helps.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.