Help please. ?
03-27-2016, (Subject: Help please. ? ) 
RE: Help please. ?
Ok, well, that kind of changes things, not saying it could not be your EGR valve, but you now have a bunch of other sensors involved. Wish you had that inline... Hmph.

Is there anyway to get an Inline reader on it? Any local Cummins shops that could at least pull the codes, if any for you? That would be my first plan of attack... If not, my next suggestion is to do the following...

Check the Turbo like Hedley just said, you will have to remove the front and back lines to inspect. It is an easy job, check for oil and metal...

I take it you have not done the EGR tuneup on this thing... Do you have the ability to do a tuneup on her say like tomorrow? If not, watch the videos and at least start by pulling your sending units and cleaning them with say a tooth brush, a dry tooth brush, some of these sensors will be ruined if you attempt to clean with any liquids or solvents. Then get the soot out of the system. You can pull the EGR Valve yourself and try to clean it, reinstall and hope it still functions, it may just be guncked up with soot, just be gentle with the plunger if you do this. Rawze talks about this in one of his videos, sometimes you can save these things, at least long enough to mm it.

I hope someone more knowledgable tunes in, I am far from a mechanic, but the above for right now is what I personally would do.

Hope this helps.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help please. ? - Waterloo - 03-27-2016,
RE: Help please. ? - Waterloo - 03-27-2016,
RE: Help please. ? - Hedley - 03-27-2016,
RE: Help please. ? - hhow55 - 03-27-2016,
RE: Help please. ? - Hedley - 03-28-2016,
RE: Help please. ? - Waterloo - 03-27-2016
RE: Help please. ? - Rawze - 03-27-2016,
RE: Help please. ? - Rawze - 03-27-2016,
RE: Help please. ? - gearhead - 03-28-2016,
RE: Help please. ? - in2trux - 03-29-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.