Volvo EGR help!
01-24-2018, (Subject: Volvo EGR help! ) 
Volvo EGR help!
I have a 2012 Volvo VNM with D13 that is having severe regen issues. Only code was Mid 128 Sid 146 Fmi 3 Engine ECU Egr valve voltage above normal or shorted to higher voltage. Dash says 2791 fmi 3 which is same. Replaced egr and same issue. would not do a regen and there is no voltage at two wires that plug to egr. I presumed it should have been 5 volts since other sensors were. Traced both wires all the way to ecm plug. Found some oil in ecm plugs, cleaned and still same issue. No voltage on wire and egr code still active. I have called myself double checking everything, but can't belive old and new egr have same issues. can't do a manual regen neither. cleaned seventh injector that was carboned up. When a try to do manual regen everything is green and says nothing is prohibiting it from happening. What am I missing?
replyreply
03-27-2018, (Subject: Volvo EGR help! ) 
RE: Volvo EGR help!
Back on this Volvo. Sister truck came in swapped ecm's and egr activation worked great and did a good regen. So something is wrong with ecm. I don't want a tune or delete, but is there anyone that can just fix my issue with my ecm without breaking the bank? I've cleaned up all other issues and did the egr "tuneup" so everything is good now except for that Mid 128 Sid 146 Fmi 3 code.
thanks
replyreply
03-27-2018, (Subject: Volvo EGR help! ) 
Have you tried having it re-flashed and updated?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
04-13-2018, (Subject: Volvo EGR help! ) 
The oil in the ECM connector plug is an issue, you might want to unplug your oil level sensor connector and check to see if the pins are hollow or solid. If they are hollow which I'm guessing they might be, I would recommend getting an updated oil level sensor harness wire splice kit. This will convert your hollow pins to solid and eliminate oil going to the ECM. On you're MID 128 SID 146 FMI 3 code, make sure the ECM connector (the lower one) pin isn't spread out and makes proper contact. The EGR valve connector is in rear of the engine where the valve cover sits (hard to get to). Do a quick visual in the rear to make sure the wiring isn't damaged anywhere. Unplug the wiring connector and do an ohm check from the ECU connector to the EGR valve connector. If you have an issue in the wiring harness, I would recommend you getting an engine harness which has the updated oil level sensor connector as mentioned previously.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , mayhem1 , Pd6cas2

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.