Repeated Turbo Failures
01-30-2018, (Subject: Repeated Turbo Failures ) 
RE: Repeated Turbo Failures
I appreciate the feedback guys. Now you have to forgive my ignorance here for a second. When you say de-mandated what exactly do you mean? I did just have the dpf and egr eliminated. We found that the filter was broken up and the cost to replace it with a new was about the same as the deletion. Today the tech who did the deletion said he thinks the blow by and crankcase pressure could really be wearing the seals out. My question is that could the seals wear out in a week?? On the other occasions it took at least a month or two.

I have spoken to some other guys on a different thread during the summer about my blow by issue. I tried adding 1 gallon of gear oil to my oil. That didn’t help much. I bought a maintenance free filter and still got a lot of crankcase pressure. What has seemed to help the most was drilling a 1 inch hole in the standard filter and I started adding 2 gallons of Lucas and 9 gallons of oil. This was all before the deletion though. I do not have overhaul money.

Initially, I thought the deletion would help with the blow by. Other than the turbo leaking oil the truck is running great. I got more power. Was told the the truck would breathe better. I recently found a product that claims to help with the blow by issue. It’s a 2 step chemical process. Claims to get the built up carbon off of the pistons with 1 chemical you add to the fuel and the other you add to the oil to flush the debris out. I’m not completely sold but I’m considering it. I’m leary because the company is from..... wait for it........Australia. Yikes!!

{deleted}
replyreply
* there is no liquid cures for worn out enigne components except to give you false hope and empty your wallet.

* 2 gallons of pucas may slow down the leaks but it is stripping away almost 20% of your engine oils addative package. I would consider that harmful.

* unless it was one of the recomended menbers of this forum (Mr. Hag, Unilevers, Gearhead, or Mammaburt),.. YOUR DELETE PROGRAM IS MORE THAN 99.9% GUARENTEED TO BE S$IT!!!! - and soon you will be complaining avbout engine failure problems instead of DPF problems. Good luck if you don;t believe me,.. Most are too damn stubborn to listen to reason until it is too late AFTER THEY HAVE learned the hard way.

I would recommend having the programming looked at by someone recommended on here before driving it one damn mile. Getting that Pukas out of that engine, FIXING YOUR PROBLEMS CORRECTLY!!! AND STOP NICKEL AND DIMMING IT ALONG!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I would be leary of any unknown company that close to a port. Southern CA, NJ, etc... Usually means they resell or use China parts.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
02-01-2018, (Subject: Repeated Turbo Failures ) 
I’ve been dealing with so many issues within the last year. Three major breakdowns costing me significant money. I’ve almost paid for the overhaul I’m trying to avoid! I’m hoping this delete works out for me. In a best case scenario, would the deletion hep the blow by issue or is it a completely different issue all in itself? I need the best and biggest bandaid possible! I thought I was fine until this turbo issue popped back up again. Turbo Solutions is an authorized Holset and Borg Warner distributor.

Any of those members being recommended in the New Jersey area?? I’d love to talk with any of them.
replyreply
02-01-2018, (Subject: Repeated Turbo Failures ) 
Tmaj12k: If your blow by issue is from worn rings/liners, the deletion may actually increase the noticeable blow by. When you are properly deleted it removes much of the exhaust back pressure present in the cylinders, allowing the rings to show how sloppy they really are.

Even still a proper delete fixes so many other issues with these engines, it sounds like it may be your next step! Delete now, then save the money for the inframe to fix the blow by!

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.