Ultrashift Derate
03-28-2016, (Subject: Ultrashift Derate ) 
Ultrashift Derate
I'm running a Ultrashift transmission Powered by a ISM CM876 330 HP tuned by Unilevers (runs great) in a 4 axle dump. I slowly figured out that it's intended use is for Line Haul (after I bought the truck). Being lazy, I really enjoy driving this Truck.
The only problem I'm having is with the centrifical clutch starting loaded on a hill. There is an engine derate from Idle to 800 RPM programmed into the truck. When starting loaded on a hill, the cluch slips, the truck does not move until it gets to 800 RPM, and then the clutch fully engages. It's exciting. I have no throtle control because of the Programmed Derate. If I depress the Pedal to far, when it comes out of Derate it's really exciting! The only thing that has saved me from twisting off my drive shaft, is my low HP and torque and a slight hesitation in the engine if you slap the pedal down (something a diver wouldn't do). If this truck had an ISX in it, I would have gone home on the hook months ago. The first thing I noticed after the tune was the hesitation. I told Unilevers (lucky and good) to leave it as I don't drive that way.

There is no Derate when starting in reverse. So I have a pretty good idea of how the truck would respond if I get rid of the Derate intirely. I called the Eaton Fuller Rep. (not much help)

I'm looking for comments from Ultrashift Drivers that have more brains in their foot than the Programmer has in his head, who put in the Derate.

User's Signature: Slow Minded not Stupid.
replyreply
RE: Ultrashift Derate
It may be in the ecm to protect the clutch. The clutch in that unit is made like a go cart clutch when the right speed takes place the clutch will lock in and go.
replyreply
RE: Ultrashift Derate
ya the ultrashift derates kinda suck the 1939 jcom derates can be shutoff but i dont know how the tranny will respond to that.... - pm me and we can see what we can do with it.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.