CM871 Slow Climbing Regen Temps
04-08-2016, (Subject: CM871 Slow Climbing Regen Temps ) 
RE: CM871 Slow Climbing Regen Temps
Of you do the cut-out test without first ensuring there are no leaky injectors you are only fooling yourself and chasing your tail all day long. A leaky injector will push fuel into more than one injector and you will swear all injectors are firing pretty good.

The correct order is to FIRST do an injector leak-down test,.. THEN after you have replaced any and all leaky injectors,... to a cylinder cut-out test where you fire the engine on only ONE CYLINDER at a time. Cut 5 injectors off and let it run on only one cylinder at a time.

https://youtu.be/Wu_WN8BA-LA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FggtTj645DQ

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...619#pid619

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I actually have the cummins tool but I didnt really think about it, thank you very much I will do the leak down first I will let you know how it goes. I did the solenoid swap before and problem remained on bank 2 so I know something is off inside the engine.
replyreply
After you solve the injector issues I would get rid of that mandate. Your problems are just going to continue to test you and burn your wallet with other things on that motor all influenced by that DEF DPF system.

Who would have ever thought that that people would be burning chicken shi#t in their trucks while trying to earn a living. The govt has gotten out of control.

That's right, your DEF is liquid chicken shi#t (46-0-0, Urea).

Everybody cracks jokes about blinker fluid and muffler bearings, but who saw it coming? That you'd be pouring and squirting chicken shi#t in your exhaust pipe.

If you had told me 20 years ago what these engines would be required to do I would have told you to lay off the weed.

Good luck on your repairs and if you get a chance to get some help from any of the guys here in regards to tuning your truck with a "Chicken shi#t Delete" than do it asap.
replyreply
04-09-2016, (Subject: CM871 Slow Climbing Regen Temps ) 
{**removed by protection bot**} My life was a living hell until I did, thousands of lost revenue and costly downtime trying to keep this truck on the road! Now it is getting an in frame at 900,000, hopefully my mechanical issues are behind me, at least I am praying they are!
replyreply
04-18-2016, (Subject: CM871 Slow Climbing Regen Temps ) 
Yeah it's something that we never needed to succeed in this industry but unfortunately we have to fight with it now.
I know now that my aftertreatment issues are caused by poor performance of the engine more precisely the fuel system.

Now I have tested both banks for injector failures and no air out of either bank during the test on any injector (engine cranking at 10 sec intervals) but still when I do a cutout test my 4,5,6 cylinders dont make any change in engine idle performance. I can actually cut out all 3 injectors (bank2) and I cant feel any difference and the RPM's stay the same. Still hear the solenoids clicking a lot and very rough idle or stumble.

I am looking at the solenoid wiring everything looks fine and there are no codes for the fuel solenoids or any fuel related codes.
I am wondering if the IFSM could be bad and not throwing any codes.
replyreply
(04-18-2016 )Taco05 Wrote:  Yeah it's something that we never needed to succeed in this industry but unfortunately we have to fight with it now.
I know now that my aftertreatment issues are caused by poor performance of the engine more precisely the fuel system.

Now I have tested both banks for injector failures and no air out of either bank during the test on any injector (engine cranking at 10 sec intervals) but still when I do a cutout test my 4,5,6 cylinders dont make any change in engine idle performance. I can actually cut out all 3 injectors (bank2) and I cant feel any difference and the RPM's stay the same. Still hear the solenoids clicking a lot and very rough idle or stumble.

I am looking at the solenoid wiring everything looks fine and there are no codes for the fuel solenoids or any fuel related codes.

Did you physically pull the fuel metering and timing solenoids off the motor and inspect them? Rawze has a video on what to look for with these things. What is your fuel pressure, did you look at that? Honestly, I think it is time... In-Frame...
replyreply
(04-18-2016 )Taco05 Wrote:  Yeah it's something that we never needed to succeed in this industry but unfortunately we have to fight with it now.

Did you physically pull the fuel metering and timing solenoids off the motor and inspect them? Rawze has a video on what to look for with these things. What is your fuel pressure, did you look at that?
replyreply
I would want to know fuel pressure is good, at the pump and the doser.
Might try changing delta p on canister and checking that the tubes are clear., Wateloo, yours where totally blocked right? Maybe his are almots there.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
04-19-2016, (Subject: CM871 Slow Climbing Regen Temps ) 
Both delta P are brand new and I also check the tubes at the canisters, everything is clean. The fuel pressure at the after treatment if I remember was about 260-280 psi when injector was open.

Here is another thing I noticed, it runs much better at idle after a parked regen has been performed but two things happen and I am not sure sure which one causes it to smooth out the idle.

Truck usually comes back with an Active 2639 Code, SID 324 Diesel particulate delta pressure above normal and it is asking for a regen. At that time the truck sounds pretty bad idling and the fuel solenoids are clicking a nothing seems right. As soon as the parked regen is performed and the code goes inactive the truck idles a lot better, smoother and no sound from the solenoids.

I think it is either bc it was running at higher RPM's for 30-45 min and the fuel flow gets more stable or what I am leaning more towards is that the active code is derating the engine by cutting down on the fuel and to do that I assume the Fuel Solenoids are used and that is why I hear them clicking so much. As soon as the code goes inactive there is no request for derate and solenoids stop and engine runs normal. Not sure but this is just my guess.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.