CM871 Slow Climbing Regen Temps
03-29-2016, (Subject: CM871 Slow Climbing Regen Temps ) 
RE: CM871 Slow Climbing Regen Temps
(03-28-2016 )Taco05 Wrote:  Truck has 950,000 miles but I only had it since about 700,000 and I haven't changed them since but they look like them have been replaced before. Pressures under regen history were all around 8-9 inHg but I have done some more work since so I will have a better idea when he comes back in couple of days.

The engine is likely so old and worn now, that no matter what you do,.. it will not likely regen properly due to all the engine wear. Seems to me that your possibly fighting an uphill battle at this point.

The DOC will only last about 600k miles on a truck with zero oil consumption, IF YOUR LUCKY,.. and on an engine that old, it is likely washed out again after only about 250-300k miles.

8? -- 9? --- HOLY SMOLY! -- -THOSE NUMBERS ARE ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!! --- CAN BE ENGINE DAMAGING IN FACT! -Anything above a 3.0 will start to cost you fuel mileage and above about 4 - will make for power loss, excess heat at the turbo, and 8+ can cook injectors and cylinders!.... Your severely punishing an already almost dead horse there!.

You have a couple choices,..

* Remove the "Mandate" and get ready to inframe it very soon, or just go ahead and inframe it now, then remove the mandate after, instead of wasting another $7,000 on new "cans" all over again.

* Get Insite and keep force-regen it every week until it eventually cracks and destroys the DPF can from having to force regen it so much.

============

Either way, you should have preparations in place for an inframe very soon, especially if it has lived a life of EGr without any kind of secondary bypass filter on it to help keep out the 6 lbs of soot that goes through the engine oil every 45,000 miles.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM871 Slow Climbing Regen Temps - Rawze - 03-29-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.