CM871 Slow Climbing Regen Temps
04-19-2016, (Subject: CM871 Slow Climbing Regen Temps ) 
RE: CM871 Slow Climbing Regen Temps
Both delta P are brand new and I also check the tubes at the canisters, everything is clean. The fuel pressure at the after treatment if I remember was about 260-280 psi when injector was open.

Here is another thing I noticed, it runs much better at idle after a parked regen has been performed but two things happen and I am not sure sure which one causes it to smooth out the idle.

Truck usually comes back with an Active 2639 Code, SID 324 Diesel particulate delta pressure above normal and it is asking for a regen. At that time the truck sounds pretty bad idling and the fuel solenoids are clicking a nothing seems right. As soon as the parked regen is performed and the code goes inactive the truck idles a lot better, smoother and no sound from the solenoids.

I think it is either bc it was running at higher RPM's for 30-45 min and the fuel flow gets more stable or what I am leaning more towards is that the active code is derating the engine by cutting down on the fuel and to do that I assume the Fuel Solenoids are used and that is why I hear them clicking so much. As soon as the code goes inactive there is no request for derate and solenoids stop and engine runs normal. Not sure but this is just my guess.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM871 Slow Climbing Regen Temps - Taco05 - 04-19-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.