Burning oil after new head install
01-31-2018, (Subject: Burning oil after new head install ) 
RE: Burning oil after new head install
(01-31-2018 )IrishKW Wrote:  That's good information!

Never heard of that before.
The knowledge on this forum is amazing!

Fuel deposits are also a problem, but look very different. They can't really be avoided except to always run a fine fuel filter (like 10 micron) and to always try to only get good quality fuel. Here is a pic of the worst piston (the one with the slightly leaky injector cup) out of my own engine that had 950,000 miles (roughly about 690 million combustion strokes?) of run time on it when it was pulled and looked at for the first time ...

It is fairly typical of what to be expected of deposits after that many miles and use. there is no fuel impingement on the crown or anywhere else, but there is the typical fuel deposits. My injectors and entire fuel system had never been worked on or any of its components replaced. - there is something to be said about equipment that is well cared for and not abused.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , JMBT , hhow55 , IrishKW

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.