My truck and it's shenanigans.
02-17-2018, (Subject: My truck and it's shenanigans. ) 
RE: Cylinder head swap
(02-16-2018 )Unilevers Wrote:  "a Grizzly Adams wild unilevers appears"

call me, ill back it down a degree or 2

Fixed it for ya...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
02-17-2018, (Subject: My truck and it's shenanigans. ) 
(02-17-2018 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(02-16-2018 )Unilevers Wrote:  "a Grizzly Adams wild unilevers appears"

call me, ill back it down a degree or 2

Fixed it for ya...

fair nuff, my beard is fairly awesome these days.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , Brock , Waterloo
02-23-2018, (Subject: My truck and it's shenanigans. ) 
Another update truck is finished but the shop encountered an ECM gremlin due to an J1939 fault that prevented the engine from communicating with the cab VECU (Volvo) after ruling out the wiring and swapping the ECM from another Volvo and encountering no faults told us the issue was within the ECM and not the cab. Got a new ECM and programming fixed by Unilever and his associate with the new timing update and no more J1939 faults. I'm very happy to have my truck back and happy that Unilever got me back in tip top shape.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Wiseman , Waterloo , Chamberpains , Rawze , rrod , Volvo8873 , zero4
10-20-2018, (Subject: My truck and it's shenanigans. ) 
RE: My truck and it's shenanigans.
So I was doing my normal thing for awhile truck always seemed to run hot in the summer but other wise ran good, until I decided to take the exhaust manifold off.. You see when I bought a new manifold I wasn't made aware that they were supposed to accommodate slip joint rings so I put them in and my headache started again.. Egr gasket won't seal up no matter what I did.. Few thousand in blew #1 exhaust gasket well shi#t, just so happened by chance be heading to Atlanta, mpg dropping like a brick.

Got empty and made it over to Rawze's compound and got to work next day. Pulled everything out and cleaned and polished the manifold with a sanding stone. It was fretted in 5 and 6 but was still useable, #1 was okay but fixed it for good measure. The turbo on the other hand, the housing was so tight to remove me and Rawze ended up bending a few blades, of course it could have happened prior to this but never noticed it. Turbo gets sent off to Yiyuto across town for rebuild. Few days go by and we stop by to check in, rear blades and vg ring are nicked to hell from previous carbon packing. Got everything polished up and buttoned up new coolant and oil lines for good measure.

Fired her up she runs good but the test drive not so much..rolls coal like a freight train. Truck is down on boost pressure, tested the system intercooler is shot. That Haldex reman air compressor I just put on few months ago? Shot too! air passing through it into the crankcase.. Like putting an open air hose through the oil dipstick no exaggeration..

Besides the truck being just that, I'm really enjoying my time (and the food lol) with Rawze and the gang. It definitely is a learning experience being here and to see it first hand and being able to apply it in Rawze's driveway with my two hands and some occasional help of course.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , snailexpress , Volvo8873 , zero4 , Waterloo
10-20-2018, (Subject: My truck and it's shenanigans. ) 
I was sorry to miss getting to meet Rawze while I was at Haggai's on Thursday, but glad to know you're in good hands. He was kind enough to call me while headed over to check on your turbo and sounded worried about it, so it's great to know that Yiyuto was able to get you fixed up. Best of luck on the rest of your project.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: zero4 , marek4792
10-21-2018, (Subject: My truck and it's shenanigans. ) 
Oh how I miss the FOOD! LOL! Rawze is the best damn cook I have ever run across, seriously. Maybe you will get lucky and get some salmon, mm mm GOOD! And good luck with the motor, you are in good hands. Take your time and do it right... Well, not Waterloo time. ;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: marek4792
Here is the aftermath of a two year old remain turbo and what carbon packing does to it. ZeroNthedark, it's understandable but I'll be around this week as well if you can stop by. I'm looking forward to it Waterloo../uploads/201810/post_1639_1540146902_ba96be221dec4e176f602fedbf4948fd.jpg         
Rawze working on a mad experiment on his truck. Always messing with something. Haha   
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze , ZeroNthedark
Rawze lost some weight! Looking good!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Wish he'd have a mad experiment and figure out how to reman these $800+ 871 injectors at home.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.