My truck and it's shenanigans.
10-20-2018, (Subject: My truck and it's shenanigans. ) 
RE: My truck and it's shenanigans.
So I was doing my normal thing for awhile truck always seemed to run hot in the summer but other wise ran good, until I decided to take the exhaust manifold off.. You see when I bought a new manifold I wasn't made aware that they were supposed to accommodate slip joint rings so I put them in and my headache started again.. Egr gasket won't seal up no matter what I did.. Few thousand in blew #1 exhaust gasket well shi#t, just so happened by chance be heading to Atlanta, mpg dropping like a brick.

Got empty and made it over to Rawze's compound and got to work next day. Pulled everything out and cleaned and polished the manifold with a sanding stone. It was fretted in 5 and 6 but was still useable, #1 was okay but fixed it for good measure. The turbo on the other hand, the housing was so tight to remove me and Rawze ended up bending a few blades, of course it could have happened prior to this but never noticed it. Turbo gets sent off to Yiyuto across town for rebuild. Few days go by and we stop by to check in, rear blades and vg ring are nicked to hell from previous carbon packing. Got everything polished up and buttoned up new coolant and oil lines for good measure.

Fired her up she runs good but the test drive not so much..rolls coal like a freight train. Truck is down on boost pressure, tested the system intercooler is shot. That Haldex reman air compressor I just put on few months ago? Shot too! air passing through it into the crankcase.. Like putting an open air hose through the oil dipstick no exaggeration..

Besides the truck being just that, I'm really enjoying my time (and the food lol) with Rawze and the gang. It definitely is a learning experience being here and to see it first hand and being able to apply it in Rawze's driveway with my two hands and some occasional help of course.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , snailexpress , Volvo8873 , zero4 , Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cylinder head swap - Rawze - 01-30-2018,
RE: Cylinder head swap - Rawze - 01-31-2018,
RE: Cylinder head swap - JMBT - 02-01-2018,
RE: Cylinder head swap - rrod - 02-12-2018,
RE: Cylinder head swap - Rawze - 02-13-2018,
RE: Cylinder head swap - Rawze - 02-16-2018,
RE: Cylinder head swap - Unilevers - 02-16-2018,
RE: Cylinder head swap - Unilevers - 02-17-2018,
RE: My truck and it's shenanigans. - marek4792 - 10-20-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.