EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
11-03-2017, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
(11-03-2017 )Breeze Wrote:  ...
Why would a person not be happy just demandating one side of the system

A 2013 is a cm2350.

cause the 2350 is well known for carbon packing cylinders and premature blowby egr eats up the rings.

------------------------

the turbo relys on egr and back pressure to run correctly

not correct info - Bad information there by some ignorant who don't know how to re-program turbo for correct no-egr operation.

------------------------

So that being said any ideas on possibly either demandating only the one side of the system and cleaning and maintaining the turbo and egr side.

Assuming you live in foreign country that allow those mods,. Very possible and has been done already on high hp engine and high torque application where the egr gas is used to keep cylinder temps in check. but now what most people would want is to remove the carbon packing issues, soot clogging sensors, and slightly lower fuel efficiency while they are at it. most people want more life on their motor without having to constantly clean sensors and let it eat the rings and liners up.

------------------------

a pm with info on the well documented and highly rated @m*m^2 would be great help.

there is no mm for the 2350 out in the public. Gearhead Mr.hag or unilevers if that is what you want.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Breeze
11-03-2017, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
So many thanks for your input. U gave me just what I needed . There are way too many hacks out there .. a person need be like a sponge absorbing any and all information given .... Thank you again
replyreply
11-15-2017, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
I am new to this forum guys. What is @m*m^2?
replyreply
11-15-2017, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
(11-15-2017 )Koala007 Wrote:  I am new to this forum guys. What is @m*m^2?

is a custom tune for ISx thats legal in some countries but not all.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Koala007
11-28-2017, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
I’m new and sure glad I read all this info because I would sure hate to F up my ISX 15.
BUT I do have an idea. When I clean the intake manifold what about putting a blind we’re the EGR pipe meets the intake manifold? Simply cut a thin piece of metal to the shape of the gasket. This will completely block the hot EGR air hopefully giving better performance from not having hot gasses entering the intake.
It might plug the filter faster since the soot is not going back into the engine.
Whatcha think Rawze?
Thank you for posting videos of cleaning the pipes and sensors. Mike
replyreply
Welcome Mike ! You're at the right place.
May I suggest a few things at first ?!
Read and understand Rawze's Book . You can find it on the top .
After that spend every free minute you have on absorbing and memorizing all the priceless information in here .

" Hot water " has been discovered already . Just use it properly.
I mean the plate you're talking about. By using properly I mean isn't only the plate and you're done . There's whole other world to it .
I hope you get in the right direction.
replyreply
(11-28-2017 )Oil Slick Wrote:  I’m new and sure glad I read all this info because I would sure hate to F up my ISX 15.
BUT I do have an idea. When I clean the intake manifold what about putting a blind we’re the EGR pipe meets the intake manifold? Simply cut a thin piece of metal to the shape of the gasket. This will completely block the hot EGR air hopefully giving better performance from not having hot gasses entering the intake.
It might plug the filter faster since the soot is not going back into the engine.
Whatcha think Rawze?
Thank you for posting videos of cleaning the pipes and sensors. Mike

Most truck owners start out with those same thoughts. If it were that simple everyone would have done this already a long time ago.

I have seen people come up with the "what if i just block it off" - and the "what if I use a resistor to replace the sensor" and all sorts of other plans that simply don't work very well.

- Bad idea Because ...

* it is illegal in usa/canada.

* The ECM (engine computer) will see a restriction and try to overcome it, and you end up with improper turbocharger and/or engine combustion control that significantly shortens the life of something.

* The engine will derate because it knows something is wrong and eventually cause a shutdown, putting you on the side of the road.

* The regen system for the DPF wil no longer work correctly

* The engine will no longer have the ability to control and regulate exhaust temps and the engine will run lean, risking the cylinders and the pistons unless some re-programming of the combustion cycle occurs.

* What you describe is referred to as a "block Plate" or "blocking plate". Unless it is made of 304 stainless or some other 1/8" thick or thicker material, anything "thin" as you call it will be eaten through in a short time or corrode at a rapid rate by the corona in the hot egr gas, all the moisture buildup in the now dead circuit, and all the other effects that it suffers. - I have seen guys use Galvanized plates... they corrode through after a while. - I have seen guys use aluminum plates ... The corona in the egr gas eats them up and you get holes in them after a while. - I have seen guys use steel,.. They get eaten through and chunks of rust end up in the intake valve seats, I have seen guys use other materials like cheap stainless and/or zinc coated from home depot,.. most will not hold up for more than a few months. there are only 2 things I have seen hold up properly long term at that particular joint you are referring to in the intake. - 304-stainless, or really thick (1/8" or thicker") plates made from copper. -- Not only that, but there can be up to as much as 90psi (yes ninety pounds per square inch) of surge pressure on the back side of that plate when the engine is under heavy boost control.

===

There are a lot of reasons that make it a bad idea all on its own without some ECM re-programming even if you live in a country that allows such mods.. These engines are NOT simple and dumb. They are vastly complex and the programming in the computer is designed to fight against all kinds of attacks like jumped out sensors, blocking devices, and all sorts of other things the typical redneck can come up with. The EPA requires the engine makers do this too. Earlier engines like the CM870 were somewhat forgiving, the 871 not so much, and the newer CM2250 and CM2350 are smart as hell against this type of tampering. The ECM not only checks to see if a sensor is inside its operating range, but it checks to see if its feedback is moving in accordance to the engines operations too. The ECM also uses several sensors in combination to monitor systems that it normally would not be able to as well. Throw one of them off and several things are sometimes effected in bad ways. -- There is no "fooling it" in a sens of the word for very long at all without ending up with problems somewhere. Although some guys are in self-denial over it, even when the egr on the older CM870's is defeated without proper re-programming/methods, etc. end up with a turbo derate (only 32 lbs boost or so) that creates excess EGT's and shortens the life of the turbocharger by about 1/3.

===

-- I.E. > I would not recommend such things on their own at all. It takes someone who is really good with the ecm and the engine both for that kind of stuff to happen properly without problems down the road. Installing block plates and/or defeating sensors on the engine always requires some form of re-programming in the ECM to get correct. Because of this, it is simply easier just to tell the ECM what you want and not try to come up with elaborate schemes to try and fool it.

If your that desperate to do that kind of thing to you engine then I would suggest you PM Unilevers, Mr. Hag, or Gearhead and discuss such possibilities or more proper solutions with them.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Wiseman , hhow55 , LargeCar
That’s a good copy Boss!!! I’m going to clean the pipes, sensors and leave it alone! Thanks for the informative reply. Mike
replyreply
02-19-2018, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
Recently purchased a 2010 KW T660 ISX CM871 13sp. was told at purchase full mandate delete. Run apprx. 4000 miles. Turbo leaking into intake. pressure at 40lbs on pull, bit of rough idle. After reading your post I believe I have a bad tune. Any help would be greatly appreaciated as I don't want to spend good money after bad. Just want a good reliable motor.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: blown2250

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.