EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
03-24-2018, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
(03-24-2018 )iHaul Wrote:  
(03-23-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(03-23-2018 )iHaul Wrote:  Hi All, First Posting.

I read this posting with great interest, and enjoyed all of it, the positives and negatives.

I agree whole heatedly with Rawze.

As a mechanic, I would also add more frequent oil and filter changes to help lower the rubbish content that get circulated in the combustion process.

I currently am driving a 2017 Mercedes MP4 Actros Euro 6 ( Add Blue ) Inline 6, 510hp.
I am blown away by the service schedule Daimler, Chrysler have allocated this truck.
At 40,000k, Check the lights are working ( Saftey Check )
At 80,000k, change the oil and filters.

My personal oil changes on my Cars ( Petrol and Diesel ) are at 5,000k or 6 months.
When I get my Truck, it will be every 20,000k. ( As I can change it myself )
And the cost will only be around $250 AUD.
Diesel in Australia is $1.38 per LITRE. ( Around $5 per gallon ! )
On average, and Aussie truck gets 1.7 > 2.5 Kilometres per Litre.
Pulling B-Doubles the lowest.

Oil never wears out, it just gets dirty.
The thicker it gets with rubbish, the harder it is for the crankshaft to slice through it on EACH rotation ( Like dragging a stick through the water from the bank, the faster you go, the more drag it has ) This cost in HP and Fuel. Also adding the rubbish to the cylinder wall on each stroke of the piston.

Well thats my 2 cents :)

At the bottom of this post, I describe my recommendations to others on oil change intervals...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...617#pid617

Your on the money mate :)
I try to inform all my car owner customers of the potential damage, and the savings they can gain.
I also educate them on tire pressures as well.

Engine seals go hard from lack of oil changes, which in turn wears grooves in crankshafts / camshafts.

I forgot to mention, Oil NEVER wears out, it just gets dirty.
( Thats why it can be recycled )
Synthetic was only manufactured to HOLD more dirt than Mineral Oil.
replyreply
04-04-2018, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
Hey Guys,

I have a 2010 cummins isc 8.3 in a freightliner M2. Looking for info getting a de-mandate. I almost purchased a ecm mod through 1 of the "big guys" but luckily came across this this forum first during my research!
Big guys wanted $4400 for the ecm tune and their "local guy" wanted $3,000 to gut dpf/scr as well as plug the egr and egr valve!
I am not looking for a hp mod, just a emissions mod as well as a possible egr/valve bypass kit. If anyone would pm me info that would be appreciated. Also any post or info on the web with detailed instructions on xing out the dpf/scr/doc? I have cummins insite as well.

I honestly cannot afford another week at the shop! I wish this system worked well but unfortunately it is ahead of its time with my application needs. Hopefully it was okay to post on this thread...:blush:

Thank you
replyreply
04-20-2018, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
Need to have ECU programing checked
A good friend of mine recently purchased 2 - 2014 Peterbuilts. They have ISX15s in them. He told me they came from the previous owner with no exhaust filters. He has no clue what program is in the computer. I convinced him that he needs to find out.
I'm in San Diego the trucks are in Las Vegas. Is there anybody in Sin City that could help us out?

User's Signature: Slow Minded not Stupid.
replyreply
04-20-2018, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
(04-20-2018 )1096 Wrote:   A good friend of mine recently purchased 2 - 2014 Peterbuilts. They have ISX15s in them. He told me they came from the previous owner with no exhaust filters. He has no clue what program is in the computer. I convinced him that he needs to find out.
I'm in San Diego the trucks are in Las Vegas. Is there anybody in Sin City that could help us out?

Dr ISX in Vegas, search him here on the forum, his number is posted. I don't know if he messes with the anything newer than a CM-871.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 1096
04-27-2018, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
Can anybody help me with ECFG file. My CPL from the engine is 2733.
AV10243.08
replyreply
06-05-2018, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
good video on DPf problems...
https://youtu.be/-bOlDFFhuPM

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: flatfoot
06-05-2018, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
(06-05-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  good video on DPf problems...
https://youtu.be/-bOlDFFhuPM

yeah that auzi is deff funny, ive watched couple of his videos :D.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
06-06-2018, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
(06-05-2018 )Evotrucker Wrote:  yeah that auzi is deff funny, ive watched couple of his videos :D.

Another good video by this guy ...
https://youtu.be/LlvYv1SJJEY

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
06-18-2018, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
Have 2014 KW T680 with isx15 2013 ENGINE, need to do EGR TUNEUP.. I've seen your video on the ixs15 but my engine is setup different. Is it possible to talk to someone who did a egr tuneup on same engine year. 757 268 2090. Bassing
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.