EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
09-18-2019, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
When mine ran hot, it turned out to be the doc was face plugged.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , LargeCar
01-03-2020, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
hi there,
im new to rawze's page but it comes highly recommended all over the place. i do have diesel mechanic background although not certified. most of my experience is pickups and such but still learning my way through the software part of the bigger stuff, i am a fast learner and really want to learn to go about things the proper way and i seen someone post on the forum you might be able to help me out...

the problem...

i have an 07 379 ex that came with a cm870, but it had a previous motor swap that seems a little strange to me.

the engine shows it is a certfied cummins recon serial#60806861 cpl 8519... build date of 8/13/12. Shouldnt this be a "burner motor" not an egr only 870? it has all the hardware making it seem like an 870 and is also using an 870 ecm serial# 3684009 calibration AB10339.18 currently flashed with the updated AB10339.23. the egr has been removed and all its hardware and replaced with block off plates and such. i need a little more go juice then 475 at 1850 the calibration offers and its just seems like whoever did the last flash may have got something wrong it just seems to build alot of heat. 900 on the pyro and has no problem crawling to 1100 under a good pull while stuffing about 30-32 lbs of boost out of the stock vgt turbo, so the silent derate of the 870 with and unplugged egr? doesnt throw any codes for it though. id like to go to a 565 or 600 at 2050.

so using C@ltr!m... which meta file and calibration should i be using where its a cross breed to bump up to desired power and torque? or if its even safe to run that high with CPL it has. i have soaked up as much info as i can find on how to properly do it through C@ltr!m. i know thats a crazy scary program and theres not a whole lot of information out there on how to go through the proper steps so any information would be greatly appreciated. from what i can tell the meta file basically ties it to the hardware of the motor like if its a 870, 2250,2350, etc. and the calibration is more or less the fine tuning of that.

so any direction you may be able to give me on it would be awesome.

cheers,
mikey j
replyreply
(01-03-2020 )mikeyjtrans Wrote:  hi there,
im new to rawze's page but it comes highly recommended all over the place. i do have diesel mechanic background although not certified. most of my experience is pickups and such but still learning my way through the software part of the bigger stuff, i am a fast learner and really want to learn to go about things the proper way and i seen someone post on the forum you might be able to help me out...

the problem...

i have an 07 379 ex that came with a cm870, but it had a previous motor swap that seems a little strange to me.

the engine shows it is a certfied cummins recon serial#60806861 cpl 8519... build date of 8/13/12. Shouldnt this be a "burner motor" not an egr only 870? it has all the hardware making it seem like an 870 and is also using an 870 ecm serial# 3684009 calibration AB10339.18 currently flashed with the updated AB10339.23. the egr has been removed and all its hardware and replaced with block off plates and such. i need a little more go juice then 475 at 1850 the calibration offers and its just seems like whoever did the last flash may have got something wrong it just seems to build alot of heat. 900 on the pyro and has no problem crawling to 1100 under a good pull while stuffing about 30-32 lbs of boost out of the stock vgt turbo, so the silent derate of the 870 with and unplugged egr? doesnt throw any codes for it though. id like to go to a 565 or 600 at 2050.

so using C@ltr!m... which meta file and calibration should i be using where its a cross breed to bump up to desired power and torque? or if its even safe to run that high with CPL it has. i have soaked up as much info as i can find on how to properly do it through C@ltr!m. i know thats a crazy scary program and theres not a whole lot of information out there on how to go through the proper steps so any information would be greatly appreciated. from what i can tell the meta file basically ties it to the hardware of the motor like if its a 870, 2250,2350, etc. and the calibration is more or less the fine tuning of that.

cheers,
mikey j

sounds like your in over your head. there are so many ignorant tuning ppl out there that you can't even fend them off with a stick. even worse, is the garbage you see foating around on the auto tuning forums.. they are the worst of them all.

The 870 is a particularly tricky thing to get right... make no mistake about it,.. you are playing with someone's $40,000 engine and livelihood THIS AIN'T NO REDNECK PICK-UP TRUCK WORLD YOUR IN ON HERE ..>--- DO IT RIGHT OR GET SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO DO IT RIGHT TO DO IT FOR YOU!!!

this may help.
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid44418

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(01-03-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  

the problem...

cheers,
mikey j

sounds like your in over your head. there are so many ignorant tuning ppl out there that you can't even fend them off with a stick. even worse, is the garbage you see foating around on the auto tuning forums.. they are the worst of them all.

The 870 is a particularly tricky thing to get right... make no mistake about it,.. you are playing with someone's $40,000 engine and livelihood THIS AIN'T NO REDNECK PICK-UP TRUCK WORLD YOUR IN ON HERE ..>--- DO IT RIGHT OR GET SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO DO IT RIGHT TO DO IT FOR YOU!!!

this may help.
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid44418

no kidding? I was looking for some guidance on what could be causing the high pyro temps if it could be in fact the last calibration that was loaded on it, or if it was a silent derate or where to start. i have tried to PM Unilevers my original post is actually a copy of my message to him just never got a response, and to see if the 870 ecm would even really be compatible with the motor that is in it.... and people forget even if they are the know-all beat all of the trade that they started somewhere too... they weren't born with that knowledge but once they acquire it its like they have no problem belittling people that are trying to learn and we're all just stupid weekenders with a tool box... and the heavy diesel world is the worst for it. I know what I'm dealing with isn't no joke hence why a guy tries to talk to the "experts" instead of just taking a stab at it and see what happens... and since its the truck that I happened to drive and not just one that happened to roll through the shop getting it right is what i intend to do... but everything is national secret no wonder why there are so my problems with people flashing and demandating things is because to get someone that has been down that road to tell you the do's and dont's is like pulling teeth... but the link was helpful and i learned a few things from it. Cheers
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98
What you say is true, the information is hard to come by, no doubt about it.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: mikeyjtrans
All the info is here or given to you through the manufacturer themselves for free (quickserve). If it's not there it's in the help tab in Insite or Cterm. All the help in the world is out there in abundance. Everything but specific ECM tuning is all on here. It's all free. Even specific ECM tuning help is given by the wise ones on here. Rawze was using mumble to help would-be tuners. I don't know if he still offers this. http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=53
Hell, there's threads dedicated to comparing compatible calibrations. Usually involves Rawze himself comparing one to the other. And telling you what the differences are. But if you take the time to acquire Cterm and learn to compare them yourself (relatively simple to do) you can see for yourself. All the info is out there. It's all up to the end user to go after and learn. Is it easy to learn and is it a small amount of info. HELL NO. It's an overwhelmingly immense amount of info. It's up to you to do the work.

There is really no secret you can't ask about. You do have to use some discretion and a little bit of mixing words when it comes to legalities and proprietary info. But that's to protect this place. Not because it's a locked down secret. If you found yourself here then you have found the place that will guide you where to look and sometimes how to look.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: mikeyjtrans
(01-03-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  All the info is here or given to you through the manufacturer themselves for free (quickserve). If it's not there it's in the help tab in Insite or Cterm. All the help in the world is out there in abundance. Everything but specific ECM tuning is all on here. It's all free. Even specific ECM tuning help is given by the wise ones on here. Rawze was using mumble to help would-be tuners. I don't know if he still offers this. http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=53
Hell, there's threads dedicated to comparing compatible calibrations. Usually involves Rawze himself comparing one to the other. And telling you what the differences are. But if you take the time to acquire Cterm and learn to compare them yourself (relatively simple to do) you can see for yourself. All the info is out there. It's all up to the end user to go after and learn. Is it easy to learn and is it a small amount of info. HELL NO. It's an overwhelmingly immense amount of info. It's up to you to do the work.

There is really no secret you can't ask about. You do have to use some discretion and a little bit of mixing words when it comes to legalities and proprietary info. But that's to protect this place. Not because it's a locked down secret. If you found yourself here then you have found the place that will guide you where to look and sometimes how to look.

i agree this place comes very highly recommended. i know there's a ton to learn but everyone has to start somewhere. I just prefer to learn from people that are knowledgeable to do things the right way instead of all over from people that are gonna give bad info/habits. I'm more then willing to learn that's for sure i've been a mechanic my whole life. I'm mostly just dealing with someone else's hack job that just doesn't seem right to me and would like to correct it and make the best of it, or if i'm just chasing my tail on what i'm trying to accomplish. I'm pretty cat savvy but just have not had the time with an ISX or been around anyone that can really teach me anything. That being said have you read my original post? am i way off base? I can tell there is just something not quite right. Seems to run ok, just smokes on a shift, and what not like its turned up but is only set at 475 and feels like a doggy 475 now for sure. With just an updated version of the original calibration that just seems wrong. It ran a hell of a lot better before they "corrected" it and you can see the calibration change in the audit. I don't trust that they're gonna get it right, plus I'd rather just be able to do things myself. Not knowing exactly what was done just makes it feel like way to much of a guessing game. Boost levels are just fine and no signs of a leak in the boots or anything just builds more heat then it should for what it is so i think the last guy botched it, but hell i could be wrong that's why i'm asking. Also i have upgraded the intake to the much larger PukeDits that dropped the EGT about 100 degrees but still builds heat.
replyreply
01-04-2020, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 

the problem...

cheers,
mikey j
You say egr removed and block off plates. Is there a water bypass tube put on in its place. Are you trying to cook the back of the engine? Seems like you would have mentioned it if it was there. 30-32 lbs of boost isn’t quite enough sounds like. Stock turbo is capable of plenty more boost. If you have the proper attitude these guys will definitely help you. They have helped me tune my own engine in calterm and gave me a good understanding of what is going on in there. I am not authorized to help anyone and nor do I want too because of how much knowledge base is needed and I still don’t have enough to feel comfortable messing with someone else’s livelihood. The more you learn the more you will realize how much you don’t know. I would wait for Uniliever or Mamaburt sometimes patience is key.
replyreply
01-04-2020, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
(01-03-2020 )mikeyjtrans Wrote:  ...
do... but everything is national secret no wonder why there are so my problems with people flashing and demandating things is

that's absolutely wrong ... You've been dupped by those ignorant bas#tards on the truck tuning forums ... It is only the auto/truck tuning forums where those complete morons hang out on that 'pretend' that everything is a secret .. BECAUSE THEY DO NOT KNOW THE PROPER ANSWERS THEMSELVES AND ACT LIKE ITS SOME KIND OF GODDAMN SECRET SAUCE BULLS$ITIT@!!!-- IT IS TO PROTECT THEIR COMPLETE IGNORANCE!!! -- GOD FORBID SOMEONE ASK THEM A F$KING QUESTION LIKE WHY THEY ARE RUNNING THE ENGINE IN THE WRONG GODDAMN OPERATING MODES,.. AND YOU GET THAT SAME STUPID ASSH%$4OLE ANSWER -- 'ITS A SECRET' BECAUSE THAT IS HOW SOME F$KING IDIOT COVERS UP THEIR COMPLETE STUPIDITY!!!

- THOSE are the same idiots who claim they can hack into any brand of truck and ecm.. and claim to be the experts, and for a few thousands of %%%$#$ they 'can help you out' -- but ALWAYS COME UP SHORT AND ALWAYS YOU END UP WITH AN ENGINE THAT IS BUTCHERED COMPLETELY TO HELL AND BEYOND!.

--- Around here -- I WILL NOT TOLERATE THAT CRAP -- HENCE WHY THOSE TNING SITES HATE ME WITH A PASSION -- I REVEAL THEIR SECRET SAUCE AND HOW HOLLOW / FAKE / HORRIBLE / DAMAGING IT REALLY IS... There IS NO QUESTION about that ecm or its programming that cannot be answered correctly and comprehensively about what your trying to achieve, its complexity, and what is safe or un-safe in that engine. It can be answered on here by either myself, or some of the other ppl on here .. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HIDDEN ON THIS FORUM ABOUT THAT STUFF, NOR HELD BACK, NOR IS 'UN-EXPLAINABLE' to whatever depth you want to take your understanding to.

Is it discussed openly, and mostly publicly -- HOWEVER, it is kept to generalizations so that the IDEAS are shared,.. not the specific proprietary engine stetting (parameter Xxx- should be set exactly to y) themselves. This is simply to protect the forum.

This knowledge and ideas are are all over this forum, you just have to look. Hell, about a hundred truck owners on here who could care less about engine tuning understand more about the insides of their engine and its ecm than most of the morons on tuning forums. Most these same guys see right thru theior ignorance and arrogance real fast.

--Why,.. -- because their livelihood depends on that equipment,.. that is why, and that is vastly different than some A-hole who copied a few 'delete programs' out of some trucks and made an overlay, trying to make a quick buck off desperate truckers crying about their DPf system, that is why. -- AND -- anyone who wants their program looked at here on this forum, all they have to do is pull it out with CT, and e-mail it to me and I will explain every damn line of code of what someone did inside it in as much detail as they want me to into. -- AND if it is safe or not, and the expected short and long term outcomes of what that programming is most likely to be like.

You have been clearly caught up in that crowd who is blinded by their own dunning-Kruger effect, most of who will say that this stuff is not that complicated,.. but the more layers of that onion you start to unravel in your head,.. the more you will soon find that you are climbing a really big mountain of information and the top is always a few years down the road,.. and as soon as you think you have mastered most of it,.. someone like myself comes along and starts to open your eyes to how big that mountain really is.

-- Of all the people I have helped understand this stuff,.. every single one of them are humbled real fast once their eyes begin to open about this stuff and how complex it really is. -- The reward... is knowing what the f$k you are doing in exacting detail instead of guessing and poking and trying different things until something magically works -- because doing that is complete and utter engine destroying stupidity.

START by getting on my mumble server if need be, and READ THE THINGS and articles about this stuff,.. because if you truly want to learn how to properly edit the inside of an engine computer,.. STOP POKING AND GUESSING AND START LEARNING!.

- here is a few places to start reading at...
=========
Start by becoming humble is what you know (or think you know). here is a list of what is actually going on inside a modern ecm. It IS NOT EXAGGERATED... IT IS WHAT ACTUALLY GOES ON ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid47245

- After you read thru that list,. you need to tel yourself that YOU NEED TO MASTER EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE SYSTEMS IF YOU WANT TO DO THINGS RIGHT!!! -- IT CAN BE DONE-- Why is it that I recommend only a few people for engine tuning .. - BECAUSE MOST DO NOT WANT TO LEARN IT!!! but take the shortcuts and destroy engines in the process.

============

NEXT: Learn about proper engine operating modes, proper combustion, the different types of injection strategies THEY ARE ALL VERY VERY IMPORTANT!!! -- VERY! -- AND WHY YOU ARE MOST LIKELY HAVING THE ISSUES YOU ARE HAVING.
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1823
and...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2227

and all of this discussion group...
http://rawze.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=79

and then follow it up with the countless numbers of horror stories from people who actually own their trucks who become the victims of the arsse-clowns off tuning forums and delete shops out there... reading all these horror stories reveals a WHOLE HELL OF A LOT about engine tuning and where it went wrong...
http://rawze.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=73
and the 'bad delete collection' --- http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

THE RESOURCES ARE HERE!!!-- READ THEM AND LEARN WHAT IS HERE TO BE OFFERED -- ANYTHING LESS AND YOUR ONLY FOOLING YOURSELF AND DON'T BELONG POKING AROUND ON ON THE INSIDES OF AN ENGINE ECM!.

if you want to climb that mountain,.. start by climbing each hill, one at a time as you go.. there is no other way.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard , mikeyjtrans , 2dlb , arcticcat05

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.