EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
01-20-2020, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
I just spoke with the victim on the phone, dealer told him bad turbo, busted V clamp and new Doser... I immediately piped in with, "Let me guess, $6000?", he said how did you know, they are charging me $6300... Hey, I was close, LOL!

He took it in due to not regening properly... Do that, guaranteed a new turbo is going on.

I told him to go get the truck, as it has been sitting for quite awhile. I told him odds are this is why the turbo is slobbering a bit, lot rot. Told him let them install the V clamp and put it back together and go get it. They will get their pound of flesh out of him, but he is not going to be brutally raped, at least I hope.

I also told him to pick up a new iMap sensor and Exhaust Back Pressure sensor, clean out the two metal lines, etc, when he picks up the truck. I told him to wait on the Delta P, to inspect that before buying a new one as he wants to mm. The Doser may be able to be cleaned up, but again very pricey, told him to remove and inspect.

Told him to send photos of the Doser and Turbo after he removes both the intake and exhaust side, look in the CAC too for oil.

Basically, a mini EGR Tuneup, he is ordering the Inline reader today.

He has 500,000 miles on this motor, hopefully it is in good shape and just in need of a little TLC.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Nostalgic , LargeCar
Let's also check for exhaust leak between turbo and the dpf filter.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , LargeCar
We talked about a few things, he is not really that mechanical, but I told him he needs to be if he wants to get this truck running properly. He was ok with that, he sounds like he can pull it off.
replyreply
(01-20-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  I just spoke with the victim on the phone, dealer told him bad turbo, busted V clamp and new Doser... I immediately piped in with, "Let me guess, $6000?", he said how did you know, they are charging me $6300... Hey, I was close, LOL!

He took it in due to not regening properly... Do that, guaranteed a new turbo is going on.

I told him to go get the truck, as it has been sitting for quite awhile. I told him odds are this is why the turbo is slobbering a bit, lot rot. Told him let them install the V clamp and put it back together and go get it. They will get their pound of flesh out of him, but he is not going to be brutally raped, at least I hope.

I also told him to pick up a new iMap sensor and Exhaust Back Pressure sensor, clean out the two metal lines, etc, when he picks up the truck. I told him to wait on the Delta P, to inspect that before buying a new one as he wants to mm. The Doser may be able to be cleaned up, but again very pricey, told him to remove and inspect.

Told him to send photos of the Doser and Turbo after he removes both the intake and exhaust side, look in the CAC too for oil.

Basically, a mini EGR Tuneup, he is ordering the Inline reader today.

He has 500,000 miles on this motor, hopefully it is in good shape and just in need of a little TLC.

I just Registered on QuickServe, got all those numbers you told me to get. The dealer didn't start working on the truck. I told them I would come down and take it off the lot for now. Time for me to do some homework.

Now to reach out to Rawze and/or Unilever.

Thanks!
replyreply
Good to hear! Post some photos of the motor, let us see what we are working with here, I think we can fix you up with a little elbow grease.

Also...

PM Chamberpains, he is just up the road from you in the Harrisburg area. He is a wealth of information and close by, maybe you two can get together.
replyreply
Well, he is going to go get the truck, they had yet to start on it... It sounds like they had him pegged, new turbo, and then when it was not fixed, new cans, maybe an EGR Cooler, etc. They would have cleaned his clock and emptied his wallet.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , Nostalgic
I've done a lot lot of reading today reading the @m*m^2 guide.
I've learned a lot too. It was a good interesting 92 pages of reading.

I have all the software needed, but I still don't have an Inline 5 adapter or proper ECFG.
I've PM'd a few guys that I was referred to, but still haven't gotten any response.

Could anyone recommend a trustworthy person that will be kind enough to help a poor person like myself keep my money for milk, exactly how it is outlined by Rawze in the guide?

I've got a ProStar ISX CM871
I can PM you my number.
I am willing to pay!

And I will also donate to Rawze for his GREAT work!
replyreply
01-22-2020, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
(01-05-2020 )Unilevers Wrote:  honestly learning on a 870 is doing it the hard way. 870 logic is clunky as hell and completely different than anything else cummins has. They are hard to do and i spent years getting them to do what i want safely. the ecms are old and clunky and the engines are slow to respond and have no feedback. There are many different CPL's and configurations and ECM's and you have to get that all straight. start with a 871, the logic is much more current and transitions into newer stuff.

There is a reason i do a ton of tuning on 870's, its because people butcher them horribly.

it takes about ~200 ish parameters and about 10 sets of tables to do one right. that is not including power/efficiency tuning. and after you think you got it all think again and realize there are around 25 things that need to be shutoff properly live on the ECM. forget those and your pissing upwind anyways.

I had some health issues lately, im on the road to recovery but ive been kinda absent lately dealing with my stuff. Ill get back to people eventually, and if they couldn't wait then they were not ready anyways.

Uni

hope your health is improving and all is well
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
04-24-2020, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
Hope everyone is well. I'm having some issues with a Paccar PX6 (aka 6.7 Cummins) had the codes read and it seems like I'm getting to much back pressure. What could cause this ? I run trash routes in the country so it's a lot of stop & go, back roads and hills. Been thinking about doing the delete because of what I do and the issues that will follow with down time. By the way it's a 2010 Kenworth.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.