EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
11-14-2021, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
Not sure what you need to know but this is Cummins territory.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
04-26-2022, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
(02-20-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  Post#1...
Thinking of doing an EGR Delete on your Big-Rig?,...Perhaps you should educate yourself on the subject first...
I have read this in it's entirety and you spoke directly to me about this EGR delete. I was advised to do this on my 2014 Freightliner Cascadia ( Cummins Engine) and now I believe there are derate issues. The truck will not go passed 55 miles per hour, would it be a good choice to have the EGR put back in or is there a resolution to this considering it is not legal and I would jeopardize the truck being worked on in the future?
replyreply
04-27-2022, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
(04-26-2022 )NMotion531 Wrote:  I have read this in it's entirety and you spoke directly to me about this EGR delete. I was advised to do this on my 2014 Freightliner Cascadia ( Cummins Engine) and now I believe there are derate issues. The truck will not go passed 55 miles per hour, would it be a good choice to have the EGR put back in or is there a resolution to this considering it is not legal and I would jeopardize the truck being worked on in the future?

Start by assuming the delete program is bad.

YES, the de-mandate (delete) can be done correctly.. where the engine will live a long happy life and operate correctly... but there is more than a 90% chance you got ripped off in exchange for a bad delete program that some moron got off of those engine-tuning websites.

Start by copying the engine file out of the ecm (using the calterm software) and then e-mail it to me for a proper review. I will check it to see if it is safe for the engine .. and if there is any other issues with it.
in the mean time.. here is the collection of running nightmares that about 500+ people a year face as they discover my website.

Feel free to thumb thru it and see how many people's engine were destroyed, screwed up, etc.. due to the plague of bad delete programming that infects out trucking industry like the black plague.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
05-06-2022, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
(05-06-2022 )Sage91 Wrote:  I have 2006 volvo with isx cm870 with egr delete but still have active codes, which i believe is somehow causing my random loss of power. Anybody in NJ area know to fix this with the whole laptop set up?

The CM870 will run de-mandated with factory programming without shutting down. Just need to leave the EGR temperature sensor unplugged so that it stays in its factory no-egr engine mode. If you have a CM870 and suspect bad delete programming (most all programming these delete shops do is beyond horrible), then take it to any stealers$it and have them flash it back to factory programming. See if your problems with power loss clear up, and straighten out any other issues before trying to get a better (de-mandate) program for it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
05-07-2022, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
Why don't you ask them what they did?

replyreply
07-22-2022, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
(07-22-2022 )Sage91 Wrote:  Does the cm870 egr valve have any important coolant bleeding procedure when replacing? Or just run it with resivoir cap off?

870 does not need a bypass pipe like newer engines when egr cooler is removed.

replyreply
07-22-2022, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
Replace all those little blue seals they use on the coolant lines or you'll likely have leaks.

The proper way to fill a cooling system is to pull a vacuum on it so you don't end up with air pockets. Running it with the cap off/loose won't always purge that air. I have this one, it works great.

UView 550000 Airlift Cooling System Leak Checker and Airlock Purge Tool Kit https://a.co/d/hn8ZOMY

replyreply
08-27-2022, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
(01-05-2017 )Cuya Wrote:  There is no place in fl that is worth 2 cents towards that kind of stuff.

2 people I know personally had it done in fl. both ended up having to have it straightened out by Mr. Hag in atlanta. I would PM him and save yourself the hastle of having to do something twice to be right.

How can I find Mr Hag?
replyreply
08-28-2022, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
https://www.facebook.com/HaggaiAutomotive/

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.