heater core
02-03-2018, (Subject: heater core ) 
RE: heater core
(02-01-2018 )74bassman Wrote:  does anyone have this valve? Can I remove it with cause any problems?

I want to know where to get one! I hate having to get under the hood to open and close that valve in the summer. I finally have my AC working, but it is still not good enough to overcome the heater core on days when the temp is running around 80*+. Come night time the AC will freeze me out of the cab up here in Michigan. Have to crack the valve to get the temps under control on those nights, it is a real PIA.
replyreply
02-03-2018, (Subject: heater core ) 
Here’s an option Waterloo.

Electronic Bypass Heater Valve #50-1555 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LEUV98M/ref...DAbBMZNH8M
replyreply
02-04-2018, (Subject: heater core ) 
(02-03-2018 )Nilao Wrote:  Here’s an option Waterloo.

Electronic Bypass Heater Valve #50-1555 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LEUV98M/ref...DAbBMZNH8M

I saw that one, problem is it is 5/8", not 3/4" for my heater hose. I did find one that was 3/4", but it was a special order item and I was not quite sure if it would work. I know there is one out there, it is just finding it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
04-18-2018, (Subject: heater core ) 
I will see if there is any part numbers on the valve today when I get home.
replyreply
04-27-2018, (Subject: heater core ) 
(02-01-2018 )74bassman Wrote:  does anyone have this valve? Can I remove it with cause any problems?
Thats for the coolant heater you have under the sleeper. Its part of the Electric APU system. When you push the engine pre heat button it warms the engine only. When you hit the heat button in the sleeper it closes off the engine coolant and warms the sleeper only.
replyreply
04-27-2018, (Subject: heater core ) 
(02-02-2018 )74bassman Wrote:  thanks for responses. I am going to remove it, i don't think it is working anyway. I have no heat when the truck is going down the road, and at the end of summer last year the A/C stopped blowing cold air. Maybe i'll just install a manual shut off valve instead. Wiseman is right, it is not installed on the supply side of the heater core.

Inspect the blend air doors and the foam insulation strip between the a/c and heater compartments. .25 cents worth of foam tape made my a/c go from 75 degrees to 38 deg.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , Rawze
04-28-2018, (Subject: heater core ) 
If I was installing a shut off valve I would put it on the return hose. The reason being it will lose a little bit of pressure from having to travel more hose and through the heater core. Of course if the place you had to put the valve was in a bad spot I wouldn't hesitate to put it on the supply side. I can't see it losing much pressure if any from supply side to return side with the valve closed.
replyreply
04-28-2018, (Subject: heater core ) 
Most truck of yester year and my 2006 had hand valves of some sort on both sides, supply and return. This kept hot coolant from circulating in from either direction. The heating system wasn't factored in to how the engine is cooled. Its an auxiliary add on and should be able to be completely cut out on demand if one wants it.
Unless the truck manufacturer designed it as a part of cooling the engine because they stuffed it under a very tight, well insulated engine compartment. Check with your truck maker before installing any shut off valves.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.