Delta p Sensor
06-12-2018, (Subject: Delta p Sensor ) 
Delta p Sensor
If I replace the delta p and clean the tubes is that gonna throw a check engine light seems I read it somewhere sorry if it has been discussed been through a lot of message board didn’t see it anywhere. Cm871 engine. Replaced imap sensor completely carboned up.
replyreply
RE: Delta p Sensor
(06-12-2018 )Oldad6150 Wrote:  If I replace the delta p and clean the tubes is that gonna throw a check engine light seems I read it somewhere sorry if it has been discussed been through a lot of message board didn’t see it anywhere. Cm871 engine. Replaced imap sensor completely carboned up.

I changed mine and cleaned tubes and all was good, no chk eng light.
replyreply
No check eng lights
replyreply
Alright thanks appreciate it
replyreply
06-13-2018, (Subject: Delta p Sensor ) 
It's been talked about....... and I've done it and cried to Rawze when I couldn't figure it out.

When I swapped my delta p sensor on the dpf can, I put the 2 hoses on backwards which threw a code.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
06-13-2018, (Subject: Delta p Sensor ) 
(06-12-2018 )Oldad6150 Wrote:  If I replace the delta p and clean the tubes is that gonna throw a check engine light seems I read it somewhere sorry if it has been discussed been through a lot of message board didn’t see it anywhere. Cm871 engine. Replaced imap sensor completely carboned up.

Which Delta-P sensor?

The EGR Delta-P sensor up on the intake side of the engine is plug and play. Just replace it and it should work fine.

The DPF Delta-P sensor is a different animal all together though.

When it is replaced, it is suggested to also pull BOTH the DOC and the DPF and have them baked + flow tested at the same time as replacing the DPF Delta-P sensor,.. Then a "Maintenance Reset/New Filter Install" performed with Cummins Insite as well.

- The reason for this is that when you do the reset in Insite, it will take the readings it sees and consider that the starting point. If anything is actually blocked up or not flowing good then it will throw off the whole regen system and it will only keep complaining. It must be done all together to ensure a solid set reference point ... I.E.> Clean and flow tested DOC and DPF + new sensor and cleaned out sensor piping, then the reset in Insite and a forced regen. Otherwise you are fighting a loosing battle where the ECM may very likely still be confused about what it sees.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , redbeard
06-18-2018, (Subject: Delta p Sensor ) 
It was the one on the intake side it’s changed no problem it was carboned up good as well as the tubes. Had a new filter installed 6 months ago hopefully the shop did a new delta p sensor then. Thanks again
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.