Heading to mr haggs for monday morning
02-03-2018, (Subject: Heading to mr haggs for monday morning ) 
Heading to mr haggs for monday morning
Well I will have about 64000 miles on inframe at mr haggs.Going to get overhead done and i have a bad real rough idle.I am thinkig timing and metering acuators.they are original with almost 1.3 million miles.also couple other small things.I hope it will only take 2 days we will see.

User's Signature: when things are not going good ,I just want to go sit in a mud puddle and blow bubbles
replyreply
02-03-2018, (Subject: Heading to mr haggs for monday morning ) 
RE: Heading to mr haggs for monday morning
hopefully, bad exhaust backpresure sensor also may give you rough idle. How do you like your engine after inframe? How much did it cost you? My truck has 1135000 miles, , that's why I'm asking. Let us know how it goes at Mr. HAGGS.
replyreply
02-04-2018, (Subject: Heading to mr haggs for monday morning ) 
I called Mr Haggs about average cost for inframe and was told 18,000 to 24,000 depending on a few things.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rrod
(02-04-2018 )Blake Wrote:  I called Mr Haggs about average cost for inframe and was told 18,000 to 24,000 depending on a few things.

Dang, that's a ton of money , I thought it would be around $15K. Well, another question is worth to invest tht much money in '07 KWT600 cummins isx870, or maybe better to find a newer truck? So far this 07 KW is money maker, but has 1.1 million miles, which worries me a little, what you all think guys?
replyreply
Last week I talked with rawze, and a few other members over the phone about the same thing upgrading my truck. In the end I opted out due to the quality of the 871, and the time and money I spent repairing other small necessary items.
Was headed to Haggs yesterday for a Monday morning appointment; well got headed that way but the trailer axles are giving trouble so I burned up my clock on repairs.
So back to your deal on worth it: I have 719 on my T800, "coming to the life of a overhaul", if haggs' people would of said it needed a new head I would have did an inframe, but if it just needed some mm work I would have moved on until that time came for major work.
By that time hopefully she would have had around a million on her ( how I run,, three years). What I see out there for new trucks and talking to a local business on why they trade in at 450 to 500K ( don't want to deal with repairs that well happen after warranty runs out) I definitely would invest in mine.

Now don't want to jack your trend, so I will move to serv trend today where you can read what I have to say about advise on looking at an 871.

User's Signature: "KW is my choice of trucks"
replyreply
I just did an inframe on my 871 and spent 20k. Truck idled roughly at first but I replaced 3 worn meter/ fuel actuators and cleaned the forth one and that did the trick. It is very exspensive to rebuild a 871 the parts will kill your wallet very quickly. I decided to rebuild her after looking at prices of newer trucks and I wasn’t too excited about learning and mastering some new emissions system that turns my oil black the day I drive it off the lot. The 871 once dialed in is a beast of a motor. Big thanks to rawze for starting this thing he’s the great pioneer of the emissions crisis era of trucking
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Signature620
(02-04-2018 )DKenworth Wrote:  
(02-04-2018 )Blake Wrote:  I called Mr Haggs about average cost for inframe and was told 18,000 to 24,000 depending on a few things.

Dang, that's a ton of money , I thought it would be around $15K...

Not trying to defend the guy but people don't look at the picture/price properly there at all (this is not directed towards anyone in particular here) ..[/size][/b].

MOST of the less expensive shops get about $4500 - $5500 labor. It is a 40+ hour job MINIMUM when done right and usually end up going over by the time it gets buttoned back up and on the road. Hag is not different. He is right in the ball-park with labor than most all the other shops out there on inframe labor costs. One difference is that he is giong to take his time and do it right. He is not taking any shortcuts and he is going to counter-bore it and raise liner heights, and even warranty it even if it is MM'd. He does a lot of things that other shops just don;t take the time to get right.

Considering he is not charging ANY MORE AT ALL what other shops do in labor,.. I think that is quite commendable.

WHY does it cost more when he does one vs other places? -- Because HE IS USING ALL GENUINE CERTIFIED PARTS!. Considering that -- HE IS CHEAP when it comes to an inframe. Try getting that done at a dealershit where they will screw up half the job and charge a man almost $40,000 by the time they get out of that half-arssed un-trustworthy mess. He has said to many people that if they want it cheaper,.. GO BUY THE PARTS AND PAY FOR THEM YOURSELF, as it is not the labor that makes it so expensive --- but HE IS NOT GOING TO PUT IN PARTS OFF EBAY OR FROM CHINE OR AFTERMARKET and give you ANY warranty. He can't take that kind of risk. He is not going to be the target and victim of some shi#t 3rd party parts. So,.. IF YOU can get the "CERTIFIED" components with "FULL WARRANTY ON THEM" from the engine maker -- "CHEAPER" than he can buy and offer them them for,.. you are welcome to do so and bring them over. Otherwise --- DON'T BITCH ABOUT THE PRICE BECAUSE HE IS GOING TO DO IT RIGHT AND STAND BEHIND IT UNLIKE ANYWHERE ELSE I HAVE SEEN SO FAR!.

And if someone owns a truck can't afford roughly 20k for a decent inframe --- THEY ARE DOING SOMETHING VERY WRONG IN THEIR TRUCKING BUSINESS!!!! --- PERIOD!.

====

I have seen a LOT of bills that truck owners have shown me for inframes over the years. I have seen my share of $10-$12k inframes... EVERY ONE THAT WAS THAT CHEAP was nothing but total shi#t! with no-name brand kits and they almost always never bothered to replace the head (but polish on the old one and it did not last for crap after) or do ANYTHING worth a damn even half-arssed right. -- SO for those fools and penny-pincher dumbarsses out there ... Go ahead and jump over that dollar to save a dime,.. Mr. hag is too damn busy for that BS and there are too many people he has to already turn away as it is. This is because he is always swamped!. He does not have time to to deal with the likes of some stupid arssehole who is going to nickel and dime the s$it out of some of the best quality work that money can buy.

Like I say,.. not trying to defend the guys prices or justify his place,.. I am just stating what I have seen and what I know, especially based on what I see people pay.

===============

(02-04-2018 )DKenworth Wrote:  Well, another question is worth to invest tht much money in '07 KWT600 cummins isx870, or maybe better to find a newer truck? So far this 07 KW is money maker, but has 1.1 million miles, which worries me a little, what you all think guys?

An upgrade form a 2006 truck to something new like say a 2350, there are slight fuel mileage gains (after the newer truck is de-mandated) but the operating costs are going to be higher too. it would be a toss-up. Going form a CM870 to say a 2010 or 2011 CM871 truck,.. That would be the same or better gain in fuel mileage but have the same operating costs than what you have now. - That is likely the road I would go myself but that is just me. I don't want to own newer equipment if it costs me more money and no gain in profit at all to make up for it myself. For me, it is simply all about the money long term I got to keep after that next million miles down the road.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Waterloo , Blake , rrod , Kid Rock , Signature620 , sbtrucking , halfpint , Sergiu
Ya mine was about 30000 but that was everything new but crank and cams.Also demandated at the sane time.I did things I did not have to do like air compressor, they fixed my steps ,radiator brace,new head,new injectors,rockers,oil cooler,oil pump,.The only mistake I made was it had a intermit idle problem but they said I had bad injectors so It seemed to run fine when I left but idle problem came back and is now worse than ever.I am hoping fixing timing and metering actuators fix it.also I think the Jake's don't work right it seems I don't have all three.I am confident they will get it right.The only thing that I get frustrated with is how busy they are.I made a Monday morning appointment and I hope they keep it cause I think they try to take on too much work at one time.we will see I am sitting in truck in Jasper Florida waiting on this computer to say I can leave so I can get up there late tonight and just park in front of shop.

User's Signature: when things are not going good ,I just want to go sit in a mud puddle and blow bubbles
replyreply
Oh also I would say mine had over 1.2 million miles and still had mandate on it.If I can get that again with a demandated motor.Money well spent .No truck payment or dpf filters to replace or doc problem or constantly having check engine lights and regen problems or oil that looks nasty within the first min of fresh oil change and I change mine every 12000 miles.I have been changing it now even after demandating it every 11000 miles except 5000 when Ingram was first done.I know people say that you don't need to change it that often but for me money well spent for the blood of your motor.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.