One truck owner operator ELD which system?
02-04-2018, (Subject: One truck owner operator ELD which system? ) 
One truck owner operator ELD which system?
I'm interested in knowing what single truck owner operator ELD system you guys are using thats reliable, no monthly fees, and if there is a problem they will send you a new unit asap?
replyreply
RE: One truck owner operator ELD which system?
I have VDO, monthly of 20.00 just because lessor realized benefit of ifta tracking.
Not bad, and you can purchase without fee for 670, and change.
Pros print out to hand over to dot

Cons figgin hard to type comments on.

All in all ok unit.

User's Signature: "KW is my choice of trucks"
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DosGatos
I hav seen a lot of Cummins dealers in the Midwest selling something called ZED. It looks very simple. Plugs into the data port runs J1708 system, you use your phone or laptop as the interface. $200 for the plug, $0 monthly fee is what the signs say.. IDK maybe worth looking into??

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
(02-04-2018 )JMBT Wrote:  I hav seen a lot of Cummins dealers in the Midwest selling something called ZED. It looks very simple. Plugs into the data port runs J1708 system, you use your phone or laptop as the interface. $200 for the plug, $0 monthly fee is what the signs say.. IDK maybe worth looking into??
Before you consider to go monthly fee free read this
https://zed-eld.com/pages/tos
We are in capitalism environment. There is nothing for free.
replyreply
I use the garmin eld. No fee, easy to use. Connects to tablet as well as garmin dezl navigators. Only drawback.. well its a compliant eld so it goes on drive at 5mph and isnt editable.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
02-05-2018, (Subject: One truck owner operator ELD which system? ) 
(02-04-2018 )smorgan87 Wrote:  I use the garmin eld. No fee, easy to use. Connects to tablet as well as garmin dezl navigators. Only drawback.. well its a compliant eld so it goes on drive at 5mph and isnt editable.
You don't have "yard move" option? I can pull out of dock or to next parking in any speed under this option. drawback is only 5 miles. Then you have to hit this option one more time for next 5 miles. I love it.:big_smile2:
replyreply
Keep trucking with ifta tracking. 300 something a year no purchase. They just send equipment with service. Seems to work good. I’m grandfathered in on the aobrd
replyreply
(02-05-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(02-04-2018 )smorgan87 Wrote:  I use the garmin eld. No fee, easy to use. Connects to tablet as well as garmin dezl navigators. Only drawback.. well its a compliant eld so it goes on drive at 5mph and isnt editable.
You don't have "yard move" option? I can pull out of dock or to next parking in any speed under this option. drawback is only 5 miles. Then you have to hit this option one more time for next 5 miles. I love it.:big_smile2:
I have yard move and pc but i forget to change over and its screwed up for the rest of the day.
replyreply
Keep trucking here also. Been running it for 2 months now no problems. $250 yearly subscription without ifta tracking. Really easy to use. You can download app to see what it looks like.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.