Intermitting Inline5/Insite 762/Laptop setup
02-06-2018, (Subject: Intermitting Inline5/Insite 762/Laptop setup ) 
Intermitting Inline5/Insite 762/Laptop setup
I'm having an issue with my Inline5/Insite 762/Laptop setup; system works fine with the truck not running but when the truck is running it starts losing ECM connects. I've verified the physical connects are tight; wondering if I should just bite the bullet and buy another Inline5. It worked fine in the past. And the truck runs fine. Any thoughts?
replyreply
02-07-2018, (Subject: Intermitting Inline5/Insite 762/Laptop setup ) 
RE: Intermitting Inline5/Insite 762/Laptop setup
Make sure your batteries have enough to crank the truck and don't drop too low to reset your inline while cranking. Also you can start the truck then connect insite to the ECM. Do you have a problem if you do this?
replyreply
02-08-2018, (Subject: Intermitting Inline5/Insite 762/Laptop setup ) 
RE: Intermitting Inline5/Insite 762/Laptop setup
Sometimes anti-virus software or other software will interfere with the USB ports and cause disconnect problems too. Especially when there is a lot of data transferring back and fourth to/from the engine.

Could be truck, could be laptop, could be software you have installed recently, could be virus?

Also, I have an inline-5 adapter that is really old here (one of the first generation with serial connection on it) and it likes to get hot inside it (warm on the outside of it) after a while and give intermittent connections.

If you run your Insite software in a VM environment (VMware, VirtualBox, KVM, etc.) then you can get disconnect issues with insite too. To prevent this, you have to assign the entire PCMIA controller for the USB port(s) itself to the VM instead of forwarding only the adapter.

Just some thoughts on things i have seen in the past.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , rrod

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.