ISL9 Problems
02-07-2018, (Subject: ISL9 Problems ) 
ISL9 Problems
Have a ISL9 CM2250 that came in on a hook no run low rail pressure. Was told customer serviced truck and could not get fuel system to prime, so there is no telling how much ether has been run through it. All 6 injector tips busted/burned. No CAC or intake leaks. Turbo shaft didn't have any excessive play. Checked/cleaned exh back pressure sensor and tube, egr temp sensor, intake, cleaned imap because I didn't have a new one, and exh diff pressure . Did a forced regen everything looked good except for turbo speed which seemed a little high at 54K. Has heavy black smoke. It won't go 5 miles and it derates needing regen. Changed imap sensor, did regen turbo rpms went UP another 10K to 64K. Did test on VGT and it keeps failing. Why didn' it give any codes for actuator or turbo? During regen it maintained at around 92% closed? Is this just hiding the real issue?
replyreply
RE: ISL9 Problems
What's the rail pressure now that you've got it running?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: mayhem1
I don't remember exactly but I want to say 76-7700. It was right on what ECM was demanding.
replyreply
Were all 6 injectors replaced? It sounds to me like it's overfueling for some reason. Just a guess, but if you replaced the injectors go back and figure out what was done wrong. Until you figure out the black smoke your dpf is going to continue to plug. Good luck.
replyreply
02-08-2018, (Subject: ISL9 Problems ) 
Have you checked the egr? Sometimes the get stuck open and only a visual inspection catches it.
replyreply
I have pulled EGR and checked it. It is not stuck. I have pulled injectors back out and examined tips and they look like they should.
replyreply
it could be a clogged egr cooler or bad egr pressure sensor (if it has that sensor).
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid22458

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Were the injector barcodes and injector run time updated? (I'm just grasping at straws now) Tell us more about how it runs, does it smoke at idle or only if your accelerating?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Rawze I did check the exh gas pressure sensor and made sure tube was clear. First time I did regen exh gas pressure was 128. Second time regen after putting int manifold press sensor it went to 135. Just tried regen again and now it won't complete regen now it stops because of high temp on intake of scr?!!!??
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.