ISL9 Problems
02-08-2018, (Subject: ISL9 Problems ) 
RE: ISL9 Problems
Smokes at idle. I just pulled exhaust pipe off where it enters dpf, start it and black smoke rolls out. Motor seems to run ok. Smoke seems to be getting worse because now I actually see smoke out exhaust while warming it up at idle to build temp up for regen. This is crazy. i'm missing something simple and I am not going to start throwing parts at it....
replyreply
With the turbo spooled up like that, it should not smoke. Maybe monitor some sensors and egr valve/turbo positions in insite and see what they are doing?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Try disconnecting the intake tract right at the intake manifold and see if that solves the excessive smoke. Cummins utilized an intake air throttle on some models, not sure if the ISL had such a contraption. Ya gotta solve the smoke issue and if the fuel side is doing what it should then it's not getting enough air. Maybe the customer replaced the air filter during the "service" and left the plastic wrap on. You'd be surprised what people do.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.