Low engine speed during high pressure test
02-08-2018, (Subject: Low engine speed during high pressure test ) 
Low engine speed during high pressure test
I ran the high pressure leak down test again this morning and the pressure went to about 29k, but instead of a little extra noise from the fuel pump it was a fair bit louder and then it aborted the test due to low engine speed. I was at a normal idle and this hasn't happened before, cylinder cut out looked good, even running on the one cylinder the ecm says has a bad spill valve (number 6). Can anyone say if this new development is pointing to something other than a bad injector? I did have number 6 injector replaced about 2 years ago, can't remember if it was a reman or new, just that it came from peterbilt of Denver. I'm trying to keep from blowing money at the stealershit, I'm about 50 miles south of Witchita Kansas.

Thanks!
replyreply
RE: Low engine speed during high pressure test
spill valve is internal to the injector and it basically means the injector is bypassing too much fuel to the return. change the injector.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hhow55
That’s what I was afraid of.
replyreply
02-09-2018, (Subject: Low engine speed during high pressure test ) 
I replaced the fuel injector, easy peasy and more spill valve issue, I ran the pressure test again though and it's still dumping. I'm going to wait a couple days and try again.
replyreply
Maybe something like this?
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...56#pid2556

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rounded_nut
(02-09-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  Maybe something like this?

It'm hinking something along those lines, I know Cummins has a tool to isolate an injector but that assumes only one is bad....
replyreply
you need 5 of the tools to do it properly.
replyreply
(02-09-2018 )Unilevers Wrote:  you need 5 of the tools to do it properly.

Was there anything special about the tester you use, besides the proper fittings? And I presume you use diesel know it?
replyreply
I have also seen in the past, some procedures on quickserv I think for determining fuel return leak rate coming from the fuel pump, head, and other components without having to take too many thing apart. Things like removing the fuel return line from the head and checking flow, etc.

===

I have seen Mr. Hag use the one mentioned here a few times...

I think he just tests them one at a time with it using a fitting right to each injector. Maybe he can chime in, he tracks down internal fuel leaks quite a lot.

Just throwing some things I have seen out there that may be helpful.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.