2006 CM870 vibration in floor 6th gear
02-16-2018, (Subject: 2006 CM870 vibration in floor 6th gear ) 
RE: 2006 CM870 vibration in floor 6th gear
(02-16-2018 )berrytrucking94 Wrote:  I looked the truck up and down Monday/Tuesday before heading out to work(haul gravel locally)..

-Engine mounts were all tight
-driveline was solid from front to back
- all rear tires less than 20k on them and wear evenly

I try to stay on top of maintenance daily/weekly so these are things I usually keep an eye on anyways.

The vibration is only in the floor, even stronger through the clutch pedal.

Yesterday morning I started feeling it in all of the high range gears, some more than others. Finally took it to the local shop I’ve always used. They called me today and was told it needs a clutch, throw out bearing and input shaft...I hope they’re right seeing as it’s a $4-5k job. Shop hasn’t steered me wrong before so we’ll see :-/

DO NOT DO A CLUTCH JOB AND NOT CHANGE THE REAR MOTOR MOUNTS!!!
They're right there, so do it. At >400k miles they are done. They may not be toast, but their best service life has been used.

I would also do the rear main seal. It is the very next step after removing the flywheel to resurface it. You wouldn't wanna have to redo this job in a year to change that seal now would ya? The seal is marked in the photo...why wouldn't you change it when you can? The seal is only about $100.
Those are the things that IMHO {in my humble opinion} should be part of a clutch job without question.

I would strongly consider replacing the flywheel housing gasket while you're in there as well. This is going a little bit further and not a must IMHO, but certainly a consideration. Disturbing the back end of an engine of that age, even with low mileage, may cause this to start leaking in the next year or so...
If you're paying someone to do the work for you, as much as this adds to the bill, it removes the possibility of a repeat bill in the not to distant future because you tried to save maybe a grand...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Chamberpains , berrytrucking94 , snailexpress , fargonaz , Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2006 CM870 vibration in floor 6th gear - Hammerhead - 02-16-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.