Steering box heat exchanger?
02-13-2018, (Subject: Steering box heat exchanger? ) 
Steering box heat exchanger?
Have any you guys seen this before? I have a line that is leaking somewhere from my steering resivior.reservoir. Trace the line and found it goes to the other side of the truck to a heat exchanger. Then there is cooling lines going to that heat exchanger and then they go back to my arctic fox fuel tank heaters. No shi#t there is about ten miles of rubber hosing and rotted steel pipes and clamps. I was just going to remove everything as I have decided to do away with the arctic fox fuel tank heaters. (Going to twin 150 gal tanks)

Bad idea to get rid of the heat exchanger also? I think I’ve never seen a semi truck with one unless I’m wrong? Thanks in advance!

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
RE: Steering box heat exchanger?
The steering box needs a heat exchanger if you do any kind of heavy haul operations, or if you do a lot of city driving. Although my own truck does not have a power steering heat exchanger, I would prefer the air cooled units on the front of the truck instead of one that uses coolant.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Volvo!!!!
It was on my 2009 Volvo but nothing like this on 2013.
replyreply
I’m just going to bypass it for now. I could route it into my heat exchanger on my radiator where my lines for cooling my transmission went (Switched to air cooled transmission) But with me running in cooler weather all the time and not really doing much city banging I think I’ll be fine I’ll keep a close eye om it. I was just curious I have never seen anything like that before But I learn something new every day!

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
My Dodge pickup has one. Ram 2500 with rack and pinion steering.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.