Paccar MX-13 tuning
10-28-2018, (Subject: Paccar MX-13 tuning ) 
RE: Paccar MX-13 tuning
(10-27-2018 )schISM Wrote:  
(10-26-2018 )Camstyn Wrote:  I need to decide if I should buy extended warranty, de-mandate it or get rid of it?

I’d say no to extending the warranty, ask what’s your concerns about the mandate and how close is it to being paid off.
I’ve heard good things about the Paccar’s and if it isn’t giving you any trouble just drive it as is. As far as tuning I can’t find enough information on them that would lead me to believe anybody has cornered that market yet. If it’s paid for or close to it enjoy that financial “breathing room” for a bit especially if you like the truck. JMO.

It will be paid off around the same time the warranty expires, in about 4 months. It’s been a good truck so far, my only issues with the mandate is the sensors etc. that fail that will now start to be on my dime. Having no truck payment will give me a nice budget for this type of studf but is it possible to have my cake and eat it too?

Part of me thinks just leave well enough alone and don’t fix what isn’t broke, but the other part of me likes the idea of derestricting the engine, letting it breathe, not buying DEF and hopefully seeing a 10+ percent increase in fuel exonomy. I’m of the mindset that engine mandates are detrimental to an engine’s lifespan and operating efficiency. I don’t need the extra power, I’m satisfied with how it runs stock in that regard.

I am hesitant because I’m not looking for a headache when inevitably there are problems to diagnose and if Paccar’s troubleshooting software is not able to work like it should. I’m not a mechanic, when I have a problem I get the shop to fix it and if they can’t, then what?

That’s why I’d like to hear from others who have done this can share the good/bad with living with a tuned MX13. I’d be a lot less hesitant with a Cummins for obvious reasons.
replyreply
the most profitable thing to do is to own something you can work on yourself. Without that, you will always be giving a lot of yopur profits away and have excess lost revenue waiting for sh^it to get fixed.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Camstyn
(10-28-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  the most profitable thing to do is to own something you can work on yourself. Without that, you will always be giving a lot of yopur profits away and have excess lost revenue waiting for sh^it to get fixed.

I absolutely agree, I do basic servicing of the trucks myself but repairs not so much. I used to enjoy wrenching but not so much these days. Too many hours spent operating and not enough free time to enjoy my home life. I know I’m paying through the nose when the truck goes to the shop but it’s the cost of staying sane and keeping my wife happy.

To start doing all of my own work I would have to sacrifice something. Wifey time, 2-wheeled time, or my level of service to my customer. The consequences of any of those is going to leave someone unsatisfied.
replyreply
Just please do some due-diligence research on the programmer you choose, Talk to them about what they do, ask for references, CALL this references. Ask them how long has it been tuned, how do their oil samples look since, how has their fuel mileage improved or decreased. If they don't sample or know mileage figures then I don't give their reference much merit. I've run across decent deals on both the MX powered trucks and DD15. I will stay away until I get some hard data from reputable references.

If I wouldn't have found who I did and have them help me on this ISX, I can guarantee I would have pulled it apart already if it hadn't done it for itself by now.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
10-29-2018, (Subject: Paccar MX-13 tuning ) 
(10-28-2018 )Camstyn Wrote:  
(10-28-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  the most profitable thing to do is to own something you can work on yourself. Without that, you will always be giving a lot of yopur profits away and have excess lost revenue waiting for sh^it to get fixed.

I absolutely agree, I do basic servicing of the trucks myself but repairs not so much. I used to enjoy wrenching but not so much these days. Too many hours spent operating and not enough free time to enjoy my home life. I know I’m paying through the nose when the truck goes to the shop but it’s the cost of staying sane and keeping my wife happy.

To start doing all of my own work I would have to sacrifice something. Wifey time, 2-wheeled time, or my level of service to my customer. The consequences of any of those is going to leave someone unsatisfied.
I’m right there with ya regarding time management yet I really enjoy working on my own stuff too. I’ve sold my ISX this past weekend and on my way to look at a truck with the PACCAR. Not sure how much I’ll be able to do myself with it but if I pull the trigger it’ll be paid for when I drive it home. That alone will make it a lot easier to drop it off at the shop and go fishing;-)

User's Signature: That’s pronounced, /ˈs(k)izəm/
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.