PM'd a couple members...
02-13-2018, (Subject: PM'd a couple members... ) 
PM'd a couple members...
Tired of fighting with the same old problems, putting out the same fires over and over again. Looking for a more permanent solution. I PM'd Unilevers and MrHagg but as I understand it, they're pretty busy. So my question is, is there anyone we trust in the desert southwest area of Demandateistan who can offer me some assistance?
replyreply
02-13-2018, (Subject: PM'd a couple members... ) 
RE: PM'd a couple members...
Mr. Hag, Unilevers, Gearhead, Mommaburt, and that is about it.

There is no one in the southwest that I would even consider recommending that I have seen.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Meatbag
02-14-2018, (Subject: PM'd a couple members... ) 
What engine?
replyreply
(02-14-2018 )smorgan87 Wrote:  What engine?

Sorry, that'd be a CM871 in a 2010 Prostar, 730k miles.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: smorgan87
You have a CM871, if you can't get to a good shop, do it yourself!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Meatbag do you have an inline5 or 6 or nexiq adapter and a laptop with Insite 7.6.2 or higher? Start off by acquiring those three things. You're going to need them if you can't travel across the country to see mr. hag or Gearhead. Plus any ISX owner should possess them and learn how to use them a lot. They will pay for themselves in just one repair that you handle completely by yourself.
You can easily purchase good hardware (comp and inline adapter) as cheap as $350.
When I built the laptop that stays with me 4 years ago I simply Googled
Toughbook windows XP or 7. There's a guy out of Canada that takes military surplus toughbooks and build them into what you want for a descent price.
Then I turned to China for my inline adapter and I also have a nexiq adapter. (Ebay)
This is just the route I took I am not even close to telling you which way to go or what product to buy. You can obviously spend a lot more for a lot broader range of quality. I'm just showing you for how little you can build really good stuff that will get the job done for years.

I don't want to hijack this thread but
barf hopefully you read this. I read in the introduce yourself section today how you got your handle. It's
hysterical!! I can't stop laughing everytime I think about it. It's so simple how things get put together. Hahaha
replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf , Meatbag
Dr ISX is in Vegas... If you have an inline reader it is easy to do this job yourself. I did mine a couple of years ago in my driveway with a bag of tools and a laptop. Still have the CM-871 instructions and files too. You will just need the correct CPL file for your truck.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard , Meatbag
02-17-2018, (Subject: PM'd a couple members... ) 
I really appreciate all the replies, fellas. My inbox is full of people wanting to help and I can't say thanks enough. Right now I'm having another issue with the ECM losing power so as soon as I figure that out, it's go time.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.